Arsenal Football Club History

Adams in the cup semi was VERY good…I was there for that one also…Only other goal that comes close to the Thomas title winner for me, is the Henry goal against Leeds…
Pure magical moment…

2 Likes

The Overmars goal in Old Trafford is probably the top one for me in terms of celebration. That guy in the crowd the sky cameras captured was exactly how I felt.

Rovers taking the lead in White Hart Lane though I have never experienced anything like that in person. The closest was probably in our first season in Tallaght where we turned a loss into a win on injury time with two late goals against Bohs. Garry Twigg cemented cult status that night after only a few months at the club.

2 Likes

That’s surely one of my favourite Henry goals, one of his most unique one’s, I’d say one of his best (says a lot).

The swagger, the confidence, technical perfection, most of all the quickness of mind and the idea to do it… Thierry at his best.

And yeah… Talking about Carrick. That move, when he dribbled through our entire midfield and defence just to somehow miss it in the end… I’ll never forget that. Was a brilliant player for Tottenham, huge fan of him at that time.

1 Like

I knew it …… I bloody well KNEW it

LIZ is a Gooner

3 Likes

You can’t beat a 5pur2 scoreline. :grinning:

1 Like
3 Likes

We lost to them at home a few weeks back and I remember watching this and being absolutely gobsmacked at what I was seeing

1 Like

This is the only game I ever got to in Highbury. Not a bloody bad one in fairness. I can still remember they showed an interview with Wenger either before the game or at half time and also that it was absolutely fucking freezing.

2 Likes
5 Likes

I was at this one too. :grin:

5 Likes

Rumour has it thats the last time Aubameyang played well

2 Likes

I reckon the 22 league goals and FA Cup winning performances the season after were pretty good.

I know his form has dipped but he’s far and away the most optimal striking choice to start games for us. I’m not interesting in Laca who barely scores and Martinelli who is not experienced enough to lead the line.

Auba is the best striker the club has had since RVP and it pains me to see how fickle fans have been with him over the last few years. Whenever he has a few poor games people jump on him

7 Likes

Was just a joke :laughing: but fair comments

:weary:

2 Likes

Where are you going to get your OTD’s now?!

1 Like
1 Like

Jenkinson can’t believe his luck.

The one fucking time Wenger did care about what passport the players had.

2 Likes

Failed.

2 Likes