Arsenal Football Club History

Now we need another crazy buyer, some middle income eastern sugar daddy that’s sick of Arsenal being a meme.

1 Like

Dial Square Football Club is an English football club based in Addlestone, Surrey, England. It was founded as a protest club by fans of the Premier League team Arsenal, who had become disillusioned with the club’s direction under the ownership of the Kroenke Sports & Entertainment group.Wikipedia

It will only take a few thousand Arsenal Fans to light the touch paper and get this entity into space …Get Dial Square out of Surrey and into North London
Re name it AFC ARSENAL

3 Likes

Here is a unique gift from me to Arsenal Fans

Name those players who signed …

I could not take any more of Kroenke and now give my money and support to Fan owned club AFC WIMBLEDON

but Arsenal in
My veins

4 Likes

30 August 1958, Arsenal 5 Leicester 1, 5th after 3 games.

2 Likes
2 Likes

31 August 1968, Arsenal 2 QPR 1, top after 7 games.

1 Like

1 September 1934, Arsenal 8 Liverpool 1.

2 Likes

2 September 1978, Arsenal 5 QPR 1, 9th after 4 games.

1 Like

Be a long time until we see that sort of scoreline again :grin:

1 Like

Hehe

Scouse bastards

1 Like

3 September 1991, Leeds 2 Arsenal 2, 9th after 6 games.

1 Like

9th after 6 games this season would be progress :weary::grin::grin:

2 Likes
4 Likes

Nice bit of trivia

11 Likes

4 September 1979, Arsenal 7 Leeds 0.
League Cup, went out to Swindon later on. Reached FAC and ECWC finals, sadly lost both.

2 Likes

Yeah 4 3 at Swindon. This was the season Brian
Talbot played all 70 games in a marathon season.

1 Like

Fuck me what where these man made of, considering the much more physical nature of the game, especially the tackling and the drinking culture of the time I’m amazed anyone could bang out those numbers. Learn something new everyday.

4 Likes

Keep in mind subs were different then too. Could only bring one on.

3 Likes

Yeah exactly, I think they had 12 people on the team sheet. I wonder how big the squads would of been back then as well?

22 players that season squad.

2 Likes