Arsenal Football Club History

1 Like

Think last reports were he was okay. Tweeted something when the Euros was on. Think he had a ticket for the Denmark game.

Did he meet @Cristo :relaxed:

1 Like
1 Like

22 August 1964, Liverpool 3 Arsenal 2, the first Match of the Day.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Time for a guess who !

1 Like

That’s Charlie…

1 Like

Spot on :+1:t2:

1 Like

23 August 1986, Arsenal 1 Manchester United 0, Nicholas.
George Graham debut as Arsenal manager.

3 Likes

Seen through Charlie very early did Graham. Some loved him but he wasn’t professional enough though.
London lights side tracked him. Some good days though.
Remember a hat trick up at Grimsby in the cup being a good day out on an epic trek.

3 Likes

26 August 2000, Arsenal 5 Charlton 3, Vieira 2, Henry 2, Silvinho.

1 Like

I must admit I loved Charlie . Met the great man at Wembley at the Express 5’s tournament. As you said , the bright lights of London took Charlie’s eyes off the game .

2 Likes

It was a big deal when he signed because Liverpool and Man U were both after him but he chose to come here because he was guaranteed first team football.

He was skilful but we had a poor team that was a mixture of old experienced and younger players so when Graham came here he focused only on the young players.

Nicholas wasn’t particularly hard working, would rarely get stuck in and was often injured so really didn’t really make the impact he should have done.

2 Likes

I think he would of got first team football at the other clubs as he was a big investment.
Bright lights of London were a bigger attraction in the 80s.
Compared to Thatcherism in Glasgow and the north of England, London held more sway back then.

2 Likes

29 August 1987, Arsenal 6 Portsmouth 0, Smith 3, Rocastle, Adams, Davis.

1 Like

:partying_face: :partying_face:

3 Likes

I for one would like to see a history off between am exile and bushayes

2 Likes
6 Likes