Arsenal Football Club History

What you doing in Bosnia?! Lol

(And nah, definitely can’t see it here)

1 Like

I’ve been kinda living there for past 33 years :wenger2:

3 Likes

I always assumed you were English.

Given your age, I can kinda see now how you and @Aussiegooner remember games from that era like the back of your hand lol

3 Likes

Let’s me fair here, mate :wink: . Sheringham was part of an attacking core with Cole and Yorke who were 28 and Solksjaer who was 26 or 27 that season.

Guy was trusted by Fergie to replace a legend in Cantona and was rewarded with a player who for me played the best football of his career.

1 Like

Yea…I hated him too mate

1 Like

Sheringham; one of the most under-rated tossers in the Premier League. I used to cycle up to the university near here to watch Colchester United train. He was with them for a season and was flying around the field shouting orders at the others.

I said “hi” as he came off and he smiled and gave me a very cheery “alright?”. That’s the end of the anecdote I’m afraid.

6 Likes

Every season after we moved to the Emirates and failed to win the title because we were a couple of players short, usually defensive players.
Then persisting with Giroud when a top level striker playing in front of Cazorla, Sanchez, Ozil and Ramsey.
Kroenke could have helped us financially but he didn’t.

2 Likes

It’s OK. The story had a beginning, a middle and an end and just a hint of suspensive syntax. I liked it :blush:

2 Likes

The discussion was about the 2004 period though :grin:

1 Like

That’s fair enough. :grinning:

1 Like

Look at the fees :grin: much different times. Nowadays you get some bog standard french club wanting £40m per player :weary:

2 Likes

Abou Diaby wasn’t much of a bargain, even in today’s money. £1m for every minute he managed to play for us without getting injured.

3 Likes

:weary::weary:

Not sure if this been posted before.

16 Likes

Wow. That’s pure gold.

4 Likes

Nearly a hundreds years ago now, crazy snap shot into the past. Highbury really was something else.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Much like when I listen to Kisstory, I find it hard to wrap my head around things from 2005 to 2010 being considered “old school”

A clear sign that I’m now the wrong side of thirty.

5 Likes
1 Like