Arsenal Football Club History

Yep.

Henry and Pires deserved that, though. Just take the f’ckin penalty. You’re only 1-0 up lol.

2 Likes

The anger in his face. Mills feeling like he’s finally getting the upper hand :woozy_face::grin:

1 Like

Interestingly, that 2004 cup run wasn’t friendly to us at all.

A PL team drawn in every single round :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Standard from the FA around that time :grin:

1 Like

When you look at the players At Wengers finger tips do you think this magnificent club of ours underachieved ?
I’d say we did

3 Likes

Europe definitely

1 Like

It’s a very good question. I’m sure @Stroller and @BigWeng_4LYFE would have diametrically opposing opinions on this :wink:

I’m kinda in the middle. He did marvellously well to give us CL football every year (something we’ve taken for granted).

However, everything post 2004 just feels to me like one big failure. I can’t even look back at games we’ve won with fondness because they amounted to nothing.

I also think it’s not right to say ‘Suarez would have won us the league’. Controversial as it sounds, Wenger didn’t have the intestinal fortitude for another title in him.

2 Likes

Should’ve had one more title between 98-01 combined with winning one of the finals we lost. That’s football though. Fine margins.

1 Like

In purely a title winning sense, we weren’t ousting United in 2001. They seemed imperious that season.

All the more impressive how we wrestled the title off them a season later.

3 Likes

Absolute juggernaut under a prime Fergie

1 Like

When we went the season unbeaten Wenger failed to strengthen the team let along strengthen the squad , instead he sold players and didn’t match like for like , Ferguson , Mourhino and the likes would have gone out and bolstered the squad and 1st team .
Taking nothing away from the invincibles , the manager and board let us down from there on in .

2 Likes

Definitely.

We were duped into believing RvC was enough. Angulo we were linked with. Rumour has it he got stuck in traffic on the M25 and thought “to hell with this”.

In a close season where Rooney was available, Gerrard was reportedly unsettled, we had to make do with an unknown Dutch youngster who only came good 7 years later.

3 Likes

2002/03 was the one where we absolutely shoud’ve won it. Played comfortably better football most of the season, but somehow everything just went shit near the end of the seson.

I guess that end of the season inspired the team to act more cautios/serious the next season where we didn’t play so great attacking wise but were more focused on getting the results.

6 Likes

Game raising Scousers.

Dropped 4 points against them. They lay down and died for United.

3 Likes

Remember when they did their best to stop Blackburn winning the league on the last day :joy:

2 Likes

Had to pay for a stadium.

If only mate. But £60-70m it would have taken to sign them! Simply beyond us around that time :weary:

1 Like

19:30
:pepe1:

Remember watching a somewhat recent interview with Mills, he STILL absolutely hates Pires. What a pathetic cunt.

1 Like

I had zero faith in us winning the league after that game.

Leeds looked good but faded away by Christmas after a home loss v Newcastle

Disagree
Without class players you don’t win trophies.
Trophies = success
Success = money
Money = stadium
Selling players = mediocre

2 Likes