Arsenal Football Club History

Yep as far as back lines go the only 90s defence I think that betters it would have been the Milan back line under Sacchi and subsequently Capello

2 Likes
1 Like

Went too this game epic match and game of it’s time.
Big match at 3 o’clock in the afternoon. Raw as hell and massive noise.
Hand on heart never thought Limpars corner crossed the line. Still dont know why the points got taken away.
No fighting as such imo.Start of sanitizing and trial by television.

5 Likes

Not a single punch thrown :roll_eyes:

On this day in 2009:

One of my favourite NLD’s :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

It was a good one.

My favourite was the home game in 1996/97.

Hadn’t beaten them in a while. They cheated to equalise, then we scored a couple of worldies to beat them in the rain

I think the best NLD was the 5-4 at their ground in 2004, where we still had the great Invincibles team.

1 Like

The first 5-2 is probably my favourite NLD. Atmosphere was absolute rocking that day once we began the fight back, and it was nothing but party vibes once taking the lead and then rubbing salt in the wounds.

Back when van Persie went full God mode for us.

Hands down one of my favourite matches of the Emirates era back when I still had my season ticket.

3 Likes

The first Arsenal game I went to (well there was a friendly in Dublin that doesn’t really count) and my only ever time in Highbury. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Damn!

You picked it well. The roof must have come off when Adams scored

Did you go to that one, too @stroller @InvincibleDB10 @JohnnyH

Yeah. Loved the one at Spurs when Adams won it with a header.
Couple of them soft cunts had this giant carrot. Waving it around all afternoon. Buried it in that end. Fucking brilliant moment that.

1 Like

I hate to admit this, but I missed this…It was my sons first birthday, and we (my wife) had arranged a party…I was not happy!

1 Like

A great CL night, without injured Fabreagas and Van Persie. Damn, the talent we were able to assemble spending almost nothing in those years…

1 Like

I thought we had a team with too many holes in it back then but Jesus Christ what I would give to have that team right now.

4 Likes

On this day in 2013:

2 Likes

Ramsey was just an absolute god that season. Wish he never got hurt on Boxing Day at Upton park.

2 Likes

Scored some banging goals in the 11/12 season.

5 Likes

Not going to lie, I definitely thought my post was gonna get more love than absolutely nothing.

6 Likes

There’s two likes, you begging bitch

Thanks now what the fuck did you think about those goals you floppy haired prick