Arsenal Football Club History

Best free kick:

3 Likes

2 Likes

Optus sports delivering the goods :goat:

1 Like

2014 seems like a lifetime ago now. Easily the best moment of the 2010s was that final for me :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Hi
Is it okay for us to share links to our writing work relating to Arsenal here?

Yes that’s no problem however please try keep it on topic if possible, so if an article about Arteta post in the Arteta thread etc.

This thread might suit if the articles are a bit more general in nature. :slight_smile:

Imagine in 2014 saying if you think this day in March is bad wait till 2020… :disappointed:

What a fucking goal that first one was!! :fire::fire:

5 Likes

I have it on good authority that Messi grew up watching Ray’s second goal on repeat, studying the technique meticulously.

3 Likes

Top ten Arsenal goals of 2013/14 season.

Fuck my life, we played some great stuff that year.

Such a shame that Wenger wasn’t able to quite make any of his post Invincibles ‘nearly’ teams quite good enough to win a league title. It felt like we had most of the key ingredients on several occasions.

Also Ramsey was a beast this season when fit, one of my favourite seasons for an individual player of the last decade. Thought we were seeing the true emergence of our Gerrard/Lampard figure.

5 Likes

Yea it’s sad that Wilshere and to a lesser extent Ramsey were ruined by injuries.

1 Like

Players that could play proper football :heart_eyes:

What a beautiful kit.

Stunning goals in that video. A team that was greater than the sum of its parts. Arteta featured quite a lot in that season so maybe he can bring back some of that magic.

I know Giroud gets a lot of hate, but he was directly involved in 6 of those 10 goals (scored or assisted). He did bring a lot to the table for us, imagine if Giroud had had Aubameyang next to him instead of Podolski.

That was the season we spent 128 days at the top of the table with Kosc and Mert in defence wasn’t it?

As good as the football that we played was it was your typical “Arsenal are just flat track bullies” stereotype Arsenal season because we lost all of our games against the Top 4.

6-3 Man City, 5-1 Liverpool, 6-1 Chelsea, 2-1 United. Or near enough something totally embarrassing like that.

Unless I’m getting my seasons messed up.

Here’s a link to the YouTube version of that video because that platform didn’t work on my phone or laptop

4 Likes

Ah, good work with the youtube link. I copy and pasted the link from facebook, was quite pleased to see it embed perfectly (for mobile only perhaps)

Edit: just realised the link didn’t work at all :joy:

So I’ve stolen yours and stuck it in my post instead

1 Like

Yeah such a shame… I truly believed we were able to win the league that year, but when Ramsey got injured I knew our chances got only theoretical.

Mert Kosc was the best CB partnership we had in the club in this century I believe, and quite comfortably. And surely one of the best ones in the league in the last decade. I think Ozil didn’t get enough praise… I know most people won’t agree but I think that was his best season here. Didn’t get huge numbers (in terms of assists and goals) but was at the heart of everything we created that year, always drawing people to himself, releasing the ball perfectly, great off the ball… Ramsey was simply magical. Absolutely never thought he could deliver such performances. Best tackler in the league before the injury, brilliant on the ball and scoring crucial goals all the time. World class form. Huge huge shame he couldn’t countinue with those performances, even from a neutral football standpoint. It was just beautiful to watch him that season. Also that was the best Giroud’s season here, most of all the first part… Had great work rate that year, he was on the wings, dropping deep, always available to play a one-two… Dropped massively in the second part sadly… I think Wenger absolutely should’ve brought a replacement for Giroud in the January that season, he needed a breather.

And we truly had a grat team spirit in that first half of the season… We got nowehere near that in the rest of the whole decade… Such a shame we couldn’t push a bit harder in the final part of the season but I think Ramsey’s injury was just too much to handle at that moment… Although I think Wenger should’ve done more in the January window, surely there were some decent players out there bit he just froze.

1 Like

I’m sad that video didn’t spark more discussion on here about how we played back then :pensive:

Spotted on facebook

Screenshot_20200329-104032

2 Likes

Safe to say this was taken during the final :grin: