Arsenal Financials

Horrible reading

Yeah it doesnā€™t look good. Dark times ahead.

But, Man City have just shown FFP to be a nothing rule, so I think weā€™ll need the ownersā€™ help to clean up this mess and get us back into Europe one step at a time.

Time for Kroenkes to dip in a little. And send the cheque over to that bald motherfucking cunt in Milan.

1 Like

If i was them Iā€™d think why should I.

Our front 3 is 180 million of talent, include ozil its 210, plus theyre all on a load a week, and we have got worse since we started spending. Our net spend is one of the highest in the league but we are below Burnley etcā€¦i dunno if I would bother lol.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s true but is awful to hear.

I wonder if Kroenkes have a case to sue that fucker Gazidis for what he did to the value of their club.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1282561371301978112?s=19

#Lacanewcontract :laca:

Kroenke is totally responsible for dragging us down to a level we havenā€™t seen before and has been since we moved to the Emirates.
If he wants us to be successful perhaps he should start employing the best people for the job rather than people who are only here for the money.

He could also start by employing elite managers that are at the top of their game who actually have a plan and buy top quality players for positions that need filling.

The reason we havenā€™t got CL football and are behind all our rivals and mid table teams is down to him.
Of the top clubs in Europe we are the worst run, making the worst decisions, and not only wonā€™t we have any top players, we wonā€™t attract any either.

If only elephants had guns and could shoot back at cowards like him.

2 Likes

Whelp we defo arenā€™t getting CL, so Europa would be the second scenarioā€¦ but that is a lot closer to no Europe financially than CL, so it probably helps to the tune of 4-8 million not 20-25+ million, and that is only if you get to final probably.

Bigger worry is that it seems that Chelsea and ManU are finally come out of their slumber and are on the ascendancyā€¦ if Pool stays great for another 3-4 years and City will obviously be there, we are in for a lot of pain the next 3-5 years.

1 Like

Iā€™ll never get over that EL final against Chelsea, although iā€™m not sure how big that would have been in changing Emeryā€™s fate? Maybe he would have brought more credibility from the dressing room? Auba probs signs too

2 Likes

More I think about it, the more this is potentially disastrousā€¦ if the bean-counters determine that the ROI equation tips in the direction of ā€œget Europa, stretch CLā€ instead of previously where we were just trying for the 4th trophy, it is indeed dark timesā€¦ we really need to hit the lottery like Pool did.

As much as you can make that call on the Coutinhio sale, its as much about the board adjusting its buisness model as anything else.

2 Likes

Not really true actuallyā€¦ if you look at net spend pre and post say 8 years ago, Pool spent more than us before thatā€¦ and we have outspent them since thenā€¦ by a lotā€¦ .its just that their purchases and sales have been superior to ours - by a lotā€¦ on average.

Our net spending in the last 8 years combined: 377 million.

Liverpoolā€™s is 233 million.

The policy has dramatically changed though. Went with the legend of Dalglish to the rookie of Rodgers to the experience of Klopp .
Michael Edwards replacement of Ian Ayre been a huge factor as well.

1 Like

IMHO that is all executionā€¦ you make better decisions about managers, hires, transfers, etcā€¦ you get more bang for your buck.

It is also a bit of ā€œlearning from your mistakesā€ - they pounced when Klopp was available and that has turned out to be masterstrokeā€¦ we delayed and delayed Wenger decision, then went with Ljungberg, Emery, and now Arteta (really just Emery and Arteta)ā€¦ our timing was a lot worse (which is partially unlucky) given we had to replace mid-season so our choices were awful mostlyā€¦ it is one reason I was advocating just stay the course with Freddie with the proviso he will be replaced in the summer when more options are on the table.

Iā€™d like to see the analysis of the financial statements on both a cash flow and profit basis to support these numbers you quote. Do you have one you can post please?

I have seen numbers quoted on this before that donā€™t match audited accounts so Iā€™m interested to see a spreadsheet with audited financial accounts as the source that can be verified rather than being told itā€™s a source like Swiss ramble and heā€™s an expert and your not.

I am just going off of public information about transfers ins and outsā€¦ financial statements confuse the matter because of amortization and how contracts and transfers get put on the booksā€¦ but in terms of who you buy or sell and for how much in each year, the data is easily gettable. I tend to use transfermarkt because it is the easiest and clearest.

If you want to do a different kind of analysis that is apples to apples, be my guest.

So itā€™s looking like no EL football is going to hinder us, which is pretty much what I thought thatā€™s why I was prepared to give up my Sunday nights sleep again in the hope we qualified.

1 Like

If thereā€™s any (scant) consolation, European football wonā€™t be the same as before. Thereā€™ll be no travelling fans, no full European stadia. The very experience of being in Europe will go (which is quite sad for a team like Leicester who you can count on one hand how many times theyā€™ve experienced Europe)

Weā€™ll continue this mundane behind-closed-doors version of the FPL and football league for the time being. Almost doesnā€™t seem worth it

2 Likes

Whatā€™s going to hinder us more, is the fact that we have a crap squad, a novice manager and a dreadful board/money men behind all of itā€¦The only good thing is the supporters, and we wonā€™t be allowed in for a good few months/years yetā€¦Sad sad timesā€¦

1 Like

With the loss of Auba looking likely and limited transfer funds this could be a long haul fight to stay as a prem team. At least if we get relegated Kroenke may fuck off. Completely incompetent owner of a prem club.

Hope weā€™re not the next Villa or even a Leeds but weā€™re looking at risk if we slip further with our squad the next few years as we struggle for funds.

1 Like

Hanging on to AW too long, hiring Emery disasterā€¦ waiting too long to get ridā€¦ then doing it mid-season so we are forced into limited market, going with unproven Artetaā€¦

And years of bad transfer policies with not enough gems sprinkled inā€¦

Chickens are coming home to roostā€¦ no one is blameless in this shambles.

2 Likes