Arsenal Financials

I don’t disagree that the ownership is a problem, but we spend a ton more since Kroenke fully took over majority ownership in 2011 (and then full in 2018). We out net spend everyone other than the Manchester clubs… it isn’t like they are demonstrating they don’t care in the most relevant manner that an owner can (ie spending)… it is that we have made a series of colossally bad decisions, starting with persisting with AW too long.

2 Likes

No lads you won’t cheat the system. Back the gamble the manager we went for in the summer or sack him.
Anytime after next season starts if things go wrong will be too late for an experienced manager.
Time life of this club thinking it’s an attractive proposition evaporates after August.
Invest or die. Fuck off with trying to be clever on projects. Time to face reality now people.

2 Likes

Was asked about Burnley financials - probably not the right place to put it… it is actually quite interesting.

Of the 21 teams I analyzed, they come in 20th in net spend for the last 8 years, 19th for the last 6, and 17th for the last 4… they pretty much have no business doing as well as they are doing. Basically in the last 8 years, they have a combined net spend of 55 million… so around 7 million per year. To put that into context, Bournemouth and BHA both have nearly 200 million in net spend over that same period.

FWIW, I am working on a metric to judge teams on their performance relative to spending… as soon as I get a chance to finish it off, I’ll share for feedback.

4 Likes

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

I feel like a right plonker now for criticising Lord Stan and his £145m cash reserves.

Fuck the Chinese Virus.

Welcome to the site. :slight_smile:

What a fantastic phrase. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What a cracking first post, welcome to the forum @arsenal228

Keep up the cracking quotes like that and you are gonna get on very well with our long time member @Persona (emphasis on the phrase “member”, you’ve been warned)

1 Like
1 Like

Oh well I’m glad he cleared that one up

:xhaka:

4 Likes

Swissramble thread.

Kroenkes putting money into the club? :giroud3:

9 Likes

Clearly Prince Josh took control of the Empire

One of the all time great gifs as far as I’m concerned

1 Like

They’re probably just doing a debt restructuring at a group level. It’s only a good thing if the club ends up with more money to spend because they charge lower interest on the new loan or give more generous repayment terms.

There’s every chance they’ve borrowed this money at KSE level and possible the Kroenkes took money out at that level and Arsenal is part of the security against the group level loan. To know the full picture the Kroenkes would have to start publishing the KSE accounts which they don’t do.

Depending on the detailed terms it could be good or it could be bad.

3 Likes

What ever it is, it will be good for Kroenke, rather than the club or the supporters,

2 Likes

Theyre predicting, without match day income and no Europe, loans, transfer fees etc… we are making big losses for the next few years.