Arsenal Financials

Pretty much this.

1 Like

Illustrates the death spiral weā€™re on. Gazidis is gone now and so is Wenger.

Does anyone seriously believe this situation is now changing for the better?

The biggest problem remains.

3 Likes

Hm, a riddle.

The hole in the ozone layer above Australia?

1 Like

I made it down to the tweet about Gazidis and how much he got paid in his last season with us and realised I could be using the last fifteen minutes of my commute to do something that wouldnā€™t depress and anger me.

A very informative and comprehensive thread, so thanks for sharing. Makes it abundantly clear how appallingly this club has been run.

I hope some angry Milanista buries this bald cunt under the foundations of their new stadium.

4 Likes

A year after he could have let him go for free,not extending his contract :facepalm:

GANJA BEHNCHODE

6 Likes

Itā€™s true the rich Americans are contributing more to the destruction of the planet and climate change more than any other group of people and I think itā€™s the biggest problem to be solved by man kind right now. Kroenke was a big contributor to the Trump presidential campaign and Trump doesnā€™t even accept thereā€™s a problem so I guess Kroenke is in a way further contributing to the destruction of the world through his political financing of Trump.

Heā€™s done an even better job at presiding over the decade of decline at Arsenal Football Club. Now Gazidis is gone it isnā€™t improving. Much as Gazidis deserves the vitriol he gets heā€™s never been the main problem.

Iā€™ve tried to stay away and refrain from getting involved in posting for the summer for a bit of perspective.

Seeing stuff like this is fucking heart breaking, weā€™ve been seriously sold down the river and extremely financially mismanaged, there doesnā€™t even feel like thereā€™s a way back from all of this, it might be seen by other clubs as an overreaction but weā€™ve fallen even further from the mediocrity of what we were before, we go around Europe with our money jar out begging clubs to accept offers lower than they want.

It makes me so sad andI really fucking canā€™t be arsed with it all anymore.

4 Likes

This is an important quote from Kroenke:

"For me, being an individual owner, I have to have some sort of reality involved.

If you want to win championships then you would never get involved. I think the best owners in sports are the guys that sort of watch both sides a bit. If you donā€™t have a good business then you canā€™t really afford to go out and get the best players unless you just want to rely on other sources of income.

Over there [in the Premier League] it was sort of like ā€˜well, weā€™ve got guys from the Middle East, the oil price is over $100, they can spend anything they wantā€™.

But the problem I saw with all of that; those people can lose interest. It doesnā€™t mean that they will, but I sort of threw that out there: ā€˜What happens when the Middle Eastern family, this thingā€™s costing a lot of money and they decide to go home?ā€™ I said what really happens in those situations is the fans get hurt because the players get picked up and paid if theyā€™re good, the front office gets other jobs."

It seems to me as many football fans cannot appreciate that this is the reality of football in the modern game, and Stanā€™s comments suggest he is trying to build a club that can sustainably finance itself long-term.

2 Likes

Iā€™m glad we are in such harmony on this, because in the context of building a stable financial model for a football club in a competitive modern environment, 2-3 years (since you posted it) is a very short space of time.

The point is, most people couldnā€™t run their local post office, so I tend to take more from looking at Stanā€™s approach to management which absolutely explains why we behave as we do (the club I mean).

Reality is, football is a business. Some clubs have wealthy owners who pay for everything. This is not sustainable/guaranteed wealth (yes, some clubs can end up growing from it, but thatā€™s business). Iā€™m happy to have an owner who is looking to find the balance and build a strong financial foundation for the club long-term.

4 Likes

Sure. But Arsenal have been doing this for the guts of a hundred years and Stan hasnā€™t changed a thing. And thatā€™s fine.

1 Like

If Kroenke is trying to just build a growing stable base then heā€™s not doing a good job.

Arsenalā€™s revenues shrunk in recent years but more importantly we lost a lot of ground relative to better run rivals.

The team has been on a declining trend since he joined the Board in 2008 - initially unable to get through the knockout stages of the CL, unable to sustain a proper prem title run and latterly not able to even qualify for the CL even with a shit Chelsea team and a woefully under invested over stretched and tired Spurs squad.

Gazidis and Wenger are gone as scapegoats now so heā€™s running out of places to hide.

3 Likes

Revenues decreasing as a large financial entity navigates and attempts to acclimatise and settle in a rapidly growing and changing market? That same market Stan specifically cited as being predicated at the top by a number of unrealistic long-term ownership models? Absolute madness.

I think the footballing side of the club needs some work, so you wonā€™t get an argument from me on that.

1 Like

Nice beer this!

yeye it better translate to transfers ffs. money in = money out or rito.

Are they going to redo the Carlsberg lounge now? :sob:

Well it looks like they are getting the booze somewhat sorted

With Kos gone weā€™ve dropped about 540K per week from the wage bill compared to last year:

Ramsey - 110
Cech - 100
Welbeck - 100
Kos - 100
Lichsteiner - 90
Ospina - 40

Pepe is reportedly on 140 and Ceballos about 50. Martinelli is probably like 30 with some of the academy players getting first team promotions also in that range. So lets guess that around 300 has been added.

That is still around 200 taken off, with potential for more if Mustafi (90), Elneny (55), or Jenks (45) end up shifted.

Everyone sitting comfortably?

Gazidis truly fucked us @Electrifying lol thank fuck he left.

4 Likes