Arsenal Financials

tl:dr; we haven’t, we’ve spent less. also the club didn’t say we had £45m anyway. Also we’ve spent about as much as we should and could since the stadium was ‘paid off’, but atm it looks like we spent it wisely.

1 Like

This is the one I wanted to see…

Now can everyone outside the club fuck off and stop claiming we’re tight for wanting to pay in installments and that this is all of a sudden a very new thing, I’ve been doing this shit since championship manager 98 bitches.

12 Likes

Exactly, looking more and more like he and Wenger did this.

That’s what gets me. This austerity was completely self inflicted. Sure the economy crashed around when we built our stadium, but football was pretty well insulated from that.

Complete madness from Wenger and Gazidis.

When I saw he was taking those huge bonuses despite us being shit and ‘broke’ apparently, I knew it was him and not the kroenkes. In the last Swiss ramble financial twitter thread

And Wenger, who basically hired him to be a patsy.

Bald cunt.

2 Likes

This is what pisses me off about people constantly saying kroenke this kroenke that when the board was CONSTANTLY saying money is there to be spent in the press and saying it can spent as if to say ‘wink wink nod nod we didnt wanna throw wenger or gazidis under the bus but we are trying to tell you there is money there but they are not spending it’

I had a feeling it was those twats from long ago but couldnt prove it obviously and everyone was saying it was the opposite that wenger was doing well on a pittance and the board was hanging him out to dry, when all this time we couldda spent! I remember that story about hazard that came out recently that we spent an entire summer wondering should we get him or not but wenger couldnt justify spending that money on him and a year later he goes to chavski then he has the fucking gaul to be like ‘we could have signed…’

It goes to show that 1 fucking season after those prats have gone we have started acting like a club with some fucking worth!

3 Likes

Well bud, you called it.

We spent a bit off as much in the 14/15 window as we did now with a bit worse sponsor deals, then Wenger and Gazidis were here. We spent as much in 16/17 as well when we got Xhaka and Mustafi, maybe even slightly more. We spend what profit we make. That has always been the case. Nothing has changed in terms of what decides what we can spend. It’s been explained a billion times. And that profit was eaten by a stadium for a while so it was 0 then.

Nothing has changed except that we have more money now than we did before and who buys the players.

Bullshit if we were spending efficiently we wouldnt have so much cash reserves with a squad that was so fucking poor and a board begging wenger to spend…usually a board wants to conserve cash!

1 Like

We have a cash debt that is about as large as our cash reserves. And we shouldn’t need operate like that which is my point. Or, we should’ve moved away from it while building the stadium so that we didn’t have to shift out the entire squad in the next few windows because it was poor because it cost nothing lol

That put us in a position of damage control for years rather than being in a good position to charge onwards and upwards with a new fancy stadium etc.

But we work to secure long term low risk steady profit that comes from simply owning a decent brand football club nowadays and watching the sport grow, which is why everyone and their dog has been trying to buy one recently. Not to take some risks on some much needed signings here and there for sports results. That’s risky and wasted money if it doesn’t pay off.

Yet again more bullshit, every single fucking signing is a risk…so what are we meant to make no signings?

No we’re supposed to spend about what we make ish :slight_smile: especially now that the main chunk of the stadium is paid off. We can probably spend a bit more here and a bit less there, be a bit opportunistic if something good comes up etc. Try to be smart about it.

But you raise a valid point, we have very little cushion for doing poor business with our model. We can’t just do like United and throw hundreds of millions of pounds at our problems year in and out until we solve it.

They only let you do it in 24 months in CM 3. The better cheat was half the fee after 50 games and then sell on before if the player wasn’t elite.

But that headline doesnt sell papers. Arsenal are now the Man City of the league and must achieve the treble otherwise we’re a failure.

When ppl started blaming Wenger in the comments even the man himself Swiss Ramble said that wasn’t the case. Maybe Gazidis which I’ve always been wary of but not Wenger. Unless you can provide some links that show Wenger got bonuses for making sure there was a big cash balance in the bank account, which would be a strange bonus for a manager to have written in to his contract. In fact not that I don’t believe it but can you also provide a link showing Gazidis had such bonuses as well? I’d love to read more about that.

Yeah man for sure.

Wenger ‘allowed it’ in that imo the power vacuum after Dein left meant he gained a lot of power, too much.

And ended up helping Gazidis get the job. Wenger cared too much for his players imo, let them leave without kicking too much of a fuss.

Furthermore, he seemed to be a great appreciator of talent, but the extra power combined with his delayed decision-making when it came to transfer fees etc. Meant we were in stagnation and freefall.

Combine that with Gazidis and Law’s ineptitude and here we are.

What we needed was somebody to tell Wenger not to worry about how much a player cost or who it would kill, and to get the fuckers we needed.

We didn’t have that, and Wenger was allowed to run amok handing big contracts to any prick.

He was a great manager, and a great man. But in modern football, people just take advantage.he needed somebody to protect him.

Anyways, re Gazidis, check above. I posted the other twitter thread here.

1 Like

Have had 2 new partners recently

Offical partner GKFX
regional partner ganzburg beer

Nice to see we are slowly getting more partners in we have such a piddly amount of them in comparison to teams like manu

Playaaaaaa

5 Likes

That’s pretty much this season’s season tickets not being considered in the fiscal year.

2 Likes

We can always sell Pepe to get some money back :smiley:

No new Ranch for the Kronkes this year.

1 Like