Antony

The guy is such a baller. We need to sign him.

105K Likes, 419 Comments - ESPN NL (@espnnl) on Instagram: "Circus Antony is terug in Nederland! 🤩🎪🇧🇷"

3 Likes

Does he have a last name?

2 Likes

Antony Matheus dos Santos

3 Likes

Clearly Brazilian.

2 Likes

Imo you have to earn just using your first name.

4 Likes

Yet, you signed up with yours… :bergkamp:

16 Likes

are we linked to him…never heard him mentioned

ESPN has the rights to Dutch soccer here and they were going big on Antony the other week during the Ajax-PSV match.

Super skillful, neck tattoo, bit of a shithouser. I think he’d probably do great in English soccer. He may have to bulk up a bit.

1 Like

I wondered when @Bl1nk will mention him. :rofl:
He recently made his debut with the Brazilian national team. Expect to hear his name more from now on.

1 Like

This aged well :rofl:

1 Like

How bad is this guy?

Worse than our Pepe signing by a mile

1 Like

So far he looks terrible, was really annoyed when they signed him but the lad can’t even run.

£100m lol. Ajax are laughing to the bank.

Ask Erik ten Goat who was desperate for Man Utd to sign him.

Some shambolic business so far under him but it’s not talked about enough.

Yesterday was the first time I’ve seen people actually call him out for playing so deep and doing nothing to change games when shit doesn’t go their way.

About time people start calling him out for his business too. Unless that’s exclusive to the likes of Klopp, Conte, Arteta, etc.

Very surprised by his lack of speed. Partey is not exactly Usan Bolt and he had No problem overtaking him Even on 80% effort.

So typical he scored against us, has he done anything of note since?

He’s a good player, but closer to a 40-50m player if you ask me. He has the talent, just has a long way to go in his development. I think that was underestimated because of his (overinflated) transfer value.

Has the potential. But does he have the mental strength and desire to reach that level? Doubt.

2 Likes

Genuinely think Pepe is a better player

I loved Antony, but I think it demonstrates what a weak league he was playing in.

Lacks explosiveness, has skill but it doesn’t really amount to much in game, if not scoring he’s not doing much else and he’s not a prolific player either.

He’s young but looks very underwhelming, signing both him and Sancho approaching £200m may turn out to be hideous business.

They’ve tried to massively upgrade their attack with big money and overall it continues to look poundshop quality, can’t complain.

5 Likes

No.

He wasn’t even a goal machine for Ajax

1 Like