Alvaro Morata

Would rather sign Benzema out of the two, more talented.

Benzeno. Thanks.

Morata has 20 goals and 6 assists in 40 games in all competitions this season, which is pretty impressive.

Whatā€™s more impressive is that itā€™s in 1,800 minutes of game time. That 's a goal or an assist every 69 minutes, no malo.

Granted thatā€™s playing alongside Benzema, Ronaldo, Bale, Kroos, Modric, Marcelo, and Isco rather than Giroud, Welbeck, Walcott, Coquelin, Elneny etc.

So obviously take that with a pinch of salt.

1 Like

And in an inferior league too

3 Likes

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

1 Like

Experts at over analysing

3 Likes

12 May 2017

19 July 2017 - Morata signs for Chelsea :sunglasses:

https://twitter.com/JimWhite/status/887729945694416906

Interested to see how he does in the PL

1 Like

hope he flops, nowhere near worth 70 million

5 Likes

Wow, makes Lacazette look even more a bargain.

This transfer window is fucking mental.

3 Likes

Lacazette will score more goals than Morata.

Iā€™ve given up trying to understand transfer fees, there is no marker anymore, itā€™s a random number generator game.

But even so, I think Morata will do alright in the PL. Playing as a lone striker in Chelseaā€™s system will suit him. He might not have been first choice last season but he still delivered when called upon, and he had one of the highest conversion rates and goals per minute ratio in La Liga!

Mourinho described the Morata deal as very complicated, seems like Madrid just didnā€™t want to sell to United.

About time Chelsea got stung for a silly transfer fee, but still a nice upgrade on 16/17 Costa.

The wave of striking talent coming to the EPL this season is much more exciting than the wave of managerial talent that came last summer.

2 Likes

Zlatan > Lukaku
Costa > Morata

9 Likes

I guess Costa was just a head case and Chelsea had to move him, however this is the type of change that could hurt Chelsea bad if they have a drop off in production especially at CF. I would think itā€™s one of those, if itā€™s not broke donā€™t fix it things. Too much tinkering with the squad is a good thing for the rest of the league I think.

My guess is that theyā€™ll make the majority of the transfer fee back from the Costa sale.

Absolutely, I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever praised Morata/Laca/Lukaku on this site.

However Lukaku and Costa have been here for ages, though saying that I am interested to see how Lukaku will do with the expectations of United.

Personally Iā€™m not sold entirely on Lacazette or Morata as I rarely would sit down and watch foreign teams week in week out. So for me this season will be especially interesting to see if all the talk/hype is justified.

Costa and Conte donā€™t seem to get along at all though. Better to fix stuff before it all really explodes I guess.