Alexandre Lacazette

They’re not similar numbers. Zapata has 18 (in 23 starts) and 23 (in 32) league goals in his last two seasons.

Sure but he has been playing in Serie A for almost a decade. Good clubs too. Were his numbers good then? Why didn’t he play as much? How many goals does he have this season?
You can say he’s a late bloomer or just had 1-2 good seasons after playing in that league for so long.

I don’t understand the need to discredit a league. Ultimately, I look at Eriksen as being largely ineffective in Italy despite being a resounding success in England. I’ll look at Coutinho being a raging failure in Spain, Italy and mediocre in Germany but ultimately being a resounding success in England. There are examples you can use for any league really. Podolski was an 8-11 goal a season player in England and ended up with the solitary league goal when he went to Italy. Same with Shaqiri, bombed in the Serie A but has made a decent career for himself in England. I’d never insinuate that any of those examples are evidence of anything more than just a player not taking to a certain setup and some other external factors.

There just isn’t a need to constantly denigrate a players quality just because it hasn’t happened in England yet. There are plenty of players who can be successful in any league it’s more a matter of the way the team they sign for it set up. It’s why someone like Schneiderlin was a huge success in his early years in England but bombed everywhere else - subsequent teams weren’t set up to get the best out of his talents.

6 Likes

PL has a better players and managers all-around for me, thus a tougher league.
Serie A is #2 in my mind btw and one of the few leagues I appreciate currently, if it helps. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I undoubtedly believe the PL is the best league in the world. At one point a few years ago we had:

Conte, Pep, Klopp, Wenger, Poch and Jose managing the top clubs.

No doubt in my mind that the depth, overall quality and competitiveness of the PL is unrivalled. I just don’t think it means that other leagues have to be discredited to prove this point.

2 Likes

I mean it’s not like it’s just Serie A but allot of players fail in the PL that do well in Seria A, Ligue 1, La Liga and Bundesliga. Lacazette is an example of that, he pretty much had twice the output in Ligue 1, which he could never replicate. Same with Pepe, Havertz, Ziyech, Werner, Thiago, Keita, Jorginho, Lamela and Xhaka. Most of those were all huge stand outs in their respective leagues before moving to the PL and subsequently performed below that level after a move.

I think it’s reasonable to expect Lacazette to score more in Ligue 1 or Serie A if he gets more time and space against slower opposition defenders. Lacazette’s issue being his lack of pace probably isn’t as exposed so easily in those leagues. As opposed to someone lightning fast like Salah who actually performed better in the PL than Serie A

Salah as well. Good last season at Roma but went to a whole new level in PL. There’s examples everywhere.

1 Like

Prick.

Nah please leave that miss is going to haunt me. He had the whole goal and he goes for the fancy goal when we need the win

Why even attempt such a shot?

Fucking hell man, our strikers can’t even score these and we make fun of Werner…

He’s finito. Time to go mate

Fucking scrub

It says a lot that I have never been more confident that a player would miss a one on one than I was with Lacazette then.

£40m? Be lucky to get £4m for this prick.

1 Like

But, but he’s been in good form.

1 Like

Have we actually checked his birth certificate, dude legit looks about 42 out there trying to run.

3 Likes

Yes bro. That deigo milito tweet knocked some sense into you my brother.

1 Like

I have called him out on the chances he missed before. Nothing new here. :sob:

Yes but we need to have some standards and you have rediscovered yours.

1 Like

I want those geeks who gas up his ‘link-up/hold up play’ (Which isn’t even that good btw) to show themselves.

2 Likes

His link up play has literally no evidence behind it considering our goals from midfield numbers are the lowest in history @Stroller

Proving the opposite. That his link up play is shite.

Unlike Giroud who actually had good link up play - evidenced by the goals Theo, Ramsey, Rosicky, Wilshere, Cazorla would score.

3 Likes