Alexandre Lacazette

I’m nuts, I’m not buying into the Twitter crew who wanna claim some fake conspiracy against the club because we are shit
It’s lame as fuck

1 Like

I’ve seen that tactic work great against us all the time lol pin the keeper back by blocking him off and someone gets a free header. Usually our keepers will make a weak attempt at the ball and flail at it, Emi was smart enough just to say fuck this and dive and win the decision lmaooo

1 Like

Shoulder to shoulder contact is legal in football. Pulling a players shirt is a foul

2 Likes

Yea a pen would get given maybe one in a hundred times here. But that of course doesn’t mean that’s the right decision.

2 Likes

It’s an offence to restrict movement for a goalie during a corner. What. It’s called almost all the time.

I’m not sure about that but there’s no evidence Laca was restricting the goalkeepers pulling of his jersey in the clip

2 Likes

I know we all want consistency from referees, but it might be a bit much to expect consistency between two decisions made seven years apart.

7 Likes

I’ve seen other ones out there, but you gotta love that this was Arteta being sent off.

And in reality, something like this should be consistent. It shouldn’t matter if there is 7 years between the incidents. This isn’t a new rule.

4 Likes

The reality is that it’s two different people interpreting two similar but separate sets of circumstances seven years apart, it is a lot to expect perfect consistency between the two incidents when half the time one single referee can’t consistently apply the rules 100% of the time within the space of just one game.

It’s just really lame whinging, saying somethings only a red card when an Arsenal player does it and citing an example from seven years ago as evidence of some sort of agenda against us.

1 Like

The officials are the least of our worries at the moment but let’s be honest that’s not even one of the harder ones to get right. It was the right call against Arteta and it was the wrong call against Saka. If these simple rules are so open to interpretation then they need to be reworked. And if the referees in this country can’t apply consistency to the most simple of rules with all the aids of modern technology then they need to be replaced/re-trained/put down.

3 Likes

For any team in any league you could pull up two examples of the rules not being applied consistently to your teams disadvantage seven years apart. Its football, it happens, its a nothing complaint when you start making it about some non existent agenda towards the club you support.

By all means complain about the guy not being sent off for fouling Saka, I agree. Its people like that person on twitter who make it out to be some sort of agenda against their club that I’m having a go at.

1 Like

Isn’t this is what VAR is for to get the correct call? That was a red on Arteta and it was a red today.

1 Like

I was under that impression but :man_shrugging:

You can have a go at ppl saying its a conspiracy against Arsenal i don’t believe that either but the PL is the worst officiated league in the world, and we are on the fucked up end of that officiating an awful lot.

3 Likes

I don’t watch any other leagues really so I can’t comment, but I guess someone has to be the worst so it could be us, I’m not hugely impressed with the standards here, to say the least lol.

Not even talking about football just in general. The NFL, Basketball, Baseball, all do it better and it seems more fair and these are leagues I clearly watch on a regular basis. So even if u wanna poo poo the conspiracy theory the optics matter. If it looks like we are getting fucked then that’s reality for most ppl. The PL has to figure it the fuck out cuz it’s a shambles.

4 Likes

Ive never once in 50 years of watching ever remember people ever saying at the end of a season that the refereeing was good this season.

1 Like

Let’s be real, soccer in general is such a shit sport man.

What with the corruption, the shit referees, with out of touch idiots pervading every aspect of the game.

Basketball, American football is miles ahead. I wish I could stop following this shit sport and this shit team.

I will be incensed if the failures of arsenal are rewarded by entry into the shitty super League.

Dilutes everything.

3 Likes

Refereeing in the PL is shit no doubt, but I can’t say it’s any worse than La Liga from what I watch.

Football has fucked up the roll out of VAR in general, that and the wide spread incompetence in officiating

Edit: This post is definitely better in the VAR thread haha