Alexandre Lacazette

Yeah it’ll be more like 20 mill but the point is ultimately still the same.

Arteta every time he gets asked about Laca’s contract.

Hoping we do the sensible thing here and tie him down for another five years on £200K p/w :laca2:

2 Likes

Lacazette is going to get an offer for an extension. Fully confident about that. Only hope we have is that he’ll reject the offer made.

1 Like

Yeah don’t think that will happen. Man we really need to upgrade all over the place, Laca isn’t bad as a back up in my opinion, can’t fault him for his effort but I think unfortunately his physical attributes just let him down. He’s just a yard to slow and to small to ever be a threat aerially. Teams like ours which seem to struggle creatively and who constantly play against teams with low blocks really need a more clinical forward. Really think we should be looking at someone like Edouard in the summer.

4 Likes

Definitely agree Lacazette needs to go. But I’m afraid Arteta has the false believe that both he and Bellerin are good enough to go into the future with. Whilst they are priorities to me to be replaced after we get an attacking midfielder in and a proper partner for Partey.

1 Like

I think Laca would do better in Italy where the games slower and the likes of Lukaku, Mkhitaryian and Alexis Sanchez are still balling. I could see him getting 30 goal seasons again in Serie A. Would be a good move for all parties.

3 Likes

Shame he wasn’t thinking like this about Pepe.
:vinai:

Not sure about Bellerin but I don’t think this applies to Laca.

Notice his answers when they ask him about Laca’s deal.He keeps dodging the question, saying we’ll see in the future and that he should keep working for now.
Much different than the answers he gave for Auba, Saka, Balogun and even Mustafi regarding their contracts.

The club would have started talks already if he was that important to Arteta.
Barring unforeseen circumstances Laca will be off in the summer.

Tying him down with another contract would be typical Arsneal as would us complaining he’s turned to shit not too longer after signing.

He’s been declining season after season since he joined, we should be looking to rebuild in that area. Martinelli should be seeing more minutes through the middle as he simply isn’t a winger.

It’s about time the club started learning from past mistakes.

8 Likes
6 Likes

FFS :laca:

Lacazette so weak that a shirt pull is pulling him onto the keeper? He’s not a toddler, that would’ve been a weak ass penalty.

At the start of your clip you can literally see lacazettes feet move to push martinez away from the claim.

Martinez is about the same size as Hulk Hogan. Think he might have the power advantage over Laca the midget.

2 Likes

If the whole clip is martinez falling using his weight then yeah sure, but the first half second is barely any power and lacazette is pushing into him very obviously.

You see what you see I see what I see.

There isn’t any point in the clip where Martinez doesn’t have a fist full of shirt. Which is, ya know, a foul.

3 Likes

Pushing into the keeper to stop him claiming is also a foul so. I guess VAR and the ref agree with me.

Yeah looks like Martinez knew he wasn’t getting to the ball so pulled Laca down to win the foul.

1 Like

In what way is martinez not getting to that ball if a player isnt pushing against him

You’re nuts. Carry on. :slight_smile:

2 Likes