Alexandre Lacazette

He’s got 2 years so there’s no need to extend, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened next year. He seems to be key for Arteta if all he wants is someone to run about for Auba.

We can get Edouard to do that.

Selling Laca in summer 21 and buying Edouard to replace him is such sensible business I doubt we do it :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Honestly think it’s the kind of move the club would love to do if there was a taker for Lacazette.

2 Likes

I think Lacazette is better than Firmino. He doesn’t score as much as Lacazette.

He performs a role nobody else in the squad carries off in the same way. He may not be as prolific as his compadre Aubameyang but a half century of Arsenal goals and a load of heavy lifting leading the team’s press is not to be sniffed at.

Under Arteta, slates have been wiped, chances seized and happiness revived. Lacazette is one of those who looked a bit broken when the manager came in last Christmas but now stands taller and plays stronger. His role is very specific and useful. Think Olivier Giroud for France’s winning campaign at the 2018 World Cup, but with a bit more edge in front of goal. Giroud famously didn’t score a single goal in Russia but was lauded by Didier Deschamps as integral to his team’s triumph. He was France’s attacking glue.

Lacazette provides similarly critical work for Arsenal. His work rate gives opponents headaches. He makes space for others. He gets bashed about by big defenders. He works his proverbials off. He runs so hard that a pattern has emerged for him to play roughly 70 minutes and then come off to let Eddie Nketiah chase the final 20 minutes with fresher legs. As if to illustrate the point, the only part of the master plan that really worked against West Ham on Saturday night was exactly that. In a generally off game, both strikers poached goals during their period on the pitch.

I’d say that is club bias hehe. Firmino is more creative and a better passer.

2 Likes

Liverpool wouldn’t have any problem selling Firmino. Theres a reason for that.

1 Like

Firmino is comfortably better at everything.

3 Likes

Don’t care tbh haha. I like Laca more for me he’s better

2 Likes

@Calum back to the Laca gang. You love to see it.
We just need him to use a Laca avi again and it’s back to the good old days.

:joy: I got frustrated with him last season but he’s started this season brilliantly. I still think this should be his last season tho and we replace him with Edouard next summer

1 Like

They’re both shite.

Are you upset?

Who the fuck is the cunt that wrote that pish btw?

1 Like

Amy Lawrence from the athletic.

But I know what your reaction is gonna be because its a the athletic and b you hate Lacazette :roll_eyes:

So you didn’t like Lacazette last season, but now you like him after 2 goals vs relegation fodder, and hes better than a Premier league winning Champions league winning striker. But you want to sell him and replace him with a guy from the Scottish league.

I like it.

Is Amy Lawrence the twat who used to write for football365?

2 Likes

Watching Firmino find Auba, Pepe or Willian would be an absolute dream tbh.

2 Likes

We aren’t gonna get anyone better this season. He’s still a decent striker for what we want him to do and it looks like he has his confidence back which is great news for us.

He won’t be in the “Scottish leagues” for much longer and it can be another player we have missed out on.

Do you watch him a lot? Would he be pacier and more athletic than Laca? His natural goal scoring seems unquestionable at this point and I’m not sure why bigger clubs aren’t looking at giving Celtic some money for him.

1 Like

Yes. He’s a better more able version of Lacazette.

1 Like

Oh i want Edouard over Lacazette now, anyone but lacazette. I’m just trying to get into your thought process, we have a striker better than Firminio who is part of a dominant forward line, but you want rid of him.