Alexandre Lacazette

man was POTM under Emery doing it. This weird agenda has come out of nowhere and is based on very little evidence.

He wasn’t right. Stop pandering to him lol

Not great today, but usually fighting for long-balls against two or three of their guys… he is still an important part of our functional attack imho (sad to say perhaps), but I think with him AND Ozil, we are too static right now… one of them should come off for Martinelli imho… the other for Pepe later as well perhaps… bigger issue is the fact that Norwich can basically gallop 60 yards and score on us at seemingly any moment.

I’m actually starting to get irritated by the way commentators / pundits always go on about Lacazette being a superb finisher, saying stuff like he “usually does better in those situations” or “you’d expect Lacazette to put that away” etc.

Well actually, he isn’t a clinical finisher. He will never bang 20 PL goals in a season. He isn’t that special a player the way people go on about him. His all round game is very solid, but he is a mediocre when it comes to actually shooting. He doesn’t find himself with many goal scoring chances because his penalty box movement is average. In fact, he’s always scuffing shots, or snatching at the ball, or his touch seeming to fail him right when he has a clean chance to shoot.

4 Likes

The obsession is with trying to force Auba and Laca into the 11 at the expense of balance and functionality.

4 Likes

Sell Laca they say :ozil::poldi:

1 Like

True, but I’ll be a dick here and say it’s Auba that needs to sit out. :man_shrugging:

There was a moment when Lacazette had the ball on his left foot, central to the goal and on edge of the are and I was screaming for him to pull the trigger. Passes it to Kolasinac where all things go to die.

I love Laca but he was so poor today. Jesus he was bad.

Everytime the ball came to him it’d bounce off of him. He must’ve completed less than half of his passes surely, it’s was shocking.

Still, the only ST at this club that can hold the ball. We don’t have the personnel to fit Auba at ST. All of Pepe, Martinelli, Saka and Nelson are not known providers.

I’m not right…and then the thread proceeds to outline every criticism I’ve been making towards Lacazette for the past two years :joy::joy::+1::+1:

Because he was pretty crap today, as were most of our players… including Auba other than the goals… a lot of it was the isolation and lack of connection between our defense and midfield and our midfield and attackers… we either seemed to get pinched wide, which was ineffective… or throw a long-ball forwards, which our strikers aren’t great at dealing with and Norwich handled it easily.

Laca is improvable, but so are just about every player we have not named Auba or Leno… even our rising star Guen was pretty dire for the most part today.

This kills me every time I see it :joy::joy::joy: but there’s your answer right there. Everyone see’s that Auba has limitations, that’s why he’s less effective when pushed wide, but I dont criticize Auba cuz HE FUCKING SCORES LOTS OF GOALS. When Laca scores like 25 league goals and is contention for the Golden Boot I’ll stop shining a spotlight on why he’s a mediocre shit striker.

5 Likes

Which is why he gets a good rating and is our best and most important player… doesn’t change the fact he didn’t have a great game otherwise.

fair play Deschamps. Was bang on in the end.

This guy miles behind Giroud. Should be nowhere near the NT based on these performances.

1 Like

Why have you turned on Laca so much? :arteta:

Probably just sick of people talking him up as top quality when he won’t score 20 goals in a season in 3 attempts at us :grimacing:.

3 Likes

We’ll be lucky if anyone scores 20 for us in this disfunctional side

2 Likes

Aubameyang will go close to 30 in all comps again despite the disfunction, unless he’s sold in January.

5 Likes

Who is saying he is top quality? He is a decent player and one of our best attacking players though… who else do we have besides Auba? Kids or Ozil or Pepe basically…

Just bc someone defends him it doesn’t mean they think he is comparable to Auba or sufficient as first striker… but he isn’t garbage like some say either.

2 Likes