Alexandre Lacazette

Yup. He scored 14 League goals in his first season ;).

5 Likes

Lelelelel @BigWeng_4LYFE where u at brah

4 Likes

Haha, okay I’ll amend my comment. He needs to score more than 15 league goals. I mean wow Wenger is the fucking King. He got this dood firing in 14 goals in a season he was carrying a knee injury, Emery had him healthy all year and couldn’t pull that much out of him.

Nice try but once he scores 15 you’ll say he needs to score 16.

1 Like

He should be competing for the Golden Boot tbf.

Lacazette has been a bad buy. We get it. By your guy Wenger nonetheless.

I never said Lacazette was a bad buy, but I’ve honestly never seen a striker that is so widely celebrated yet scores so few goals, and basically plays a supportive role in the team.

2 Likes

Drogba comes to mind.

Drogba had a couple of seasons he hit 20 + league goals did he not ?

Only twice in his time at Chelsea.

Twice more than Laca will ever have for Arsenal.

1 Like

Think even Wenger would say Lacazette is a better striker than Drogba.

He called Drogba not world class, but “efficient”. While it seemed a little churlish, I can see what Wenger meant. Lacazette looks to be able to offer more than Drogba, and that was something that was clearly in Wenger’s head when he signed him

1 Like

Don’t think Wenger rated Laca that much. Sure, he might’vw thought he was a great player but not elite.

1 Like

He should be aiming to score at least 20 league goals this season. He’s too good not achieve that.

4 Likes

Agreed, despite absolutely loving the player, his stats does go against him.
Should be able to score more this season barring a striker preference which is unlikely

FFS

We should be ok without him for the next couple of fixtures though

He’s one of our best players and our best big game player. This is not good news

1 Like

Europa League and League Cup fixtures promise to become more awkward. I guess John-Jules and Balugun will have to get more game time as we can’t play Aubameyang, can we?

Nelson, Martinelli and Saka :fire:

We got this.

2 Likes