Alexandre Lacazette

:face_vomiting:

Our best striker playing left wing.

Our second best striker playing as the #10

Our best DM playing as a B2B

Our best #10s on the bench.

Our most mistake-prone player in a key role in the middle of the park.

Unbelievable.

8 Likes

Yeah agree 100% - they should get more but I feel that so much of that is our dysfunction behind them tactically… I guess my larger point is that specifically highlighting Laca’s “lack of creativity” is kind of missing the bigger and more important point imho.

Also, I really think Laca is one of the very best pure footballers we have in the squad.

Hey ? This is the first time all 3 started ffs :rofl: all those comments bit silly given this team has only been together a few games !?

1 Like

Mourinho tactical madness at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford as Arsenal manager. I’d pay good money to see it

1 Like

Yes that’s the one problem we should focus on. How to enable the Laca+Auba combo by looking at Firmino+Salah.

If only Laca+Auba were like Firmino+Salah and got 27+16 goals last season instead of getting 7 more in 600 minutes less played with 31+19 in 7150 mins to 7750 they could’ve done better up front. That’s probably the critical area for us to concentrate on lol

5 Likes

Yea I agree, it’s just Mourinho’s contract would have to include kissing Arsene’s shoes. It’s the only way it works

Well yeah. Our defence is what it is…shit. Emery hasn’t been able to organise the defence as of yet and Xhaka, Sokratis and Luiz are going to make mistakes, so we’ll need the forward line to be working well when we face-off against our rivals.

The analysis by Michael Cox focused on the gap between the midfield and the attack so in this instance comparing how Liverpool attack is relevant. Mourinho pretty much said similar concerning the role of Lacazette.

But how long have Liverfool had that front 3 playing together for ??

Indeed. Does highlighting systemic issues with the attack automatically get invalidated because of the lack of time they spent together? Is it not worth commenting on ways the coach could and should improve?

Lacazette and Aubameyang have had a year together in the Emery system.

2 Likes

Not just that. Firmino actually was an attacking midfielder/number 10/shadow striker at Hoffenheim and his first season with Liverpool. He has developed a certain skillset Lacazette never really needed to develop. Of course he has a better sense for passing and how to operate in the hole. That was his job for a good portion of his career. That is why the comparison doesn’t make any sense either.

Even though Lacazette might not be 1.90m he plays like he target man. Strong with/on the ball, good with quick combinations, can play with his back to the goal. Aubameyang on the other hand has his movement and pace. Emery needs to figure out how to combine that.

4 Likes

And that’s the point. Fielding Torriera, Guendouzi and Xhaka and the three forwards meant there was need for Lacazette to perform that role. To function as a deeper forward, as there was no number 10 to bridge the gap.

So the problem is that Emery needs to play a more balanced midfield, not that Lacazette has shortcomings for that role.

4 Likes

He will play one just not against any good sides because he’s a scared little biotch.

1 Like

The most frustrating thing about it is that we still leave pockets of space because he lets the backs bomb forward. Strenghtening the midfield for cover is not working out in these set ups like he wants too and at the same time the attacking performances are rubbish because this midfield.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Real recognize real.

2 Likes

If Dani says so I’ll admit I was wrong. I still need to see Laca hit more than 13 goals tho tbh, if he can’t do that he maybe should be on the pitch but not as the man leading the line.

You have seen him hit more than 13 goals for Arsenal.

In the league?