Ainsley Maitland-Niles

What are you on about? Did you miss him going public begging to go a couple of months ago? :joy:

1 Like

You honestly don’t think that he has any kind of autonomy over the outcome of his own future and career, like we just keep him locked up in the basement until we want to use him.

That’s incredibly naïve, if a player wants something bad enough there are more than enough ways to facilitate a resolution.

Also the whole outcry from him was childish and unprofessional and exactly what I’m on about, he should have been working with the club and his agents from the very start to push through a move instead he floundered then cried on social media.

1 Like

How do you know he hasn’t been working with the club and his agents to sort this out? :sweat_smile:
Honestly, I don’t know how anyone that has kept up with his story and the facts have been presented to us the past 2 years can suggest he’s comfortable with his spot at Arsenal.

1 Like

If he was desperate for a move by any means necessary he would have it by now, kid strikes me as a fucking idiot tbh, the crying on social media, the whining about which position he needs to play. If his representation aren’t getting him what he wants then he should get better agents.

For me he simply looks like another Reiss Nelson type, 24 years of age and still has no idea what he wants from his career so he just stays still. Stays stuck, maybe he messed up his move this summer with bad relations between his agents and the club but let’s not act like he’s spent his entire Arsenal career here against his will.

Needs to take charge or his career will pass him by, and that’s 100 percent on him, not his agents, not Arsenal, not the buying clubs.

Sure, but that’s pure speculation. None of the facts presented to us so far suggest that.

What are these facts you’re talking about, like we know anything relating to transfer dealings and communications between agents and clubs for real. It’s not like we have a public record of what went down, all we know for sure is he said on social media he wanted to go, then he stayed. Why he stayed we’ll never know, maybe the Amazon documentary will cover it but that would be a waste of footage, boring kid who doesn’t seem to know what’s best for his own career.

You have statements from Ainsley and Arteta to go from. You have reports from The Athletic and other reliable outlets covering the story.

I’ve yet to see anything, even a rumour, to suggest he’s comfortable with his spot here.

Thing’s like this aren’t strictly facts though, everyone has an element of bias towards what they say and do in life, an Athletic journalist might cover it one way while the Amazon documentary another way, we’ll never know the actual ins and outs unless we were sat in that room with Arteta as he talked to AMN about staying or leaving.

Did Arteta lie to him and make false promises? Did AMN not back himself and fold, instead of pushing for a move at all costs. We’ll probably never know, at the end of the day it doesn’t matter. Maybe Arteta was disingenuous but it won’t bother Mikel that AMN is wasting his career away here with limited minutes and appearances, that’s on the dude, it’s his life.

I’d be happy if we extended AMN and gave him Elneny’s squad role, with the potential for him to become more. Also deputising at RB when required.

I’m feeling quite paternal - want to keep all our Hale Enders

6 Likes

Surely if he doesn’t push for a move or loan by next week by definition he’s content.

1 Like

2 years is a long time to be sitting somewhere you don’t want to be tbh.

1 Like

Might be someone Viera could use. Probably not out of place at Leeds either.

1 Like

Tell me about it. Been waiting to leave my job since about May 2020

1 Like

As long as he is content no need to sell, but it would be nice over time to get a better feel for his identity as a CM player (holding vs. b2b).

1 Like

Absolutely if he was content with that he’s a better squad option and more versatile than Elneny.

1 Like
2 Likes

You can if you sign Super Jack Wilshere on a free. :eyes: :rofl:

:partey:

2 Likes

The Athletic also reporting this now.
I was watching Roma the other day and was thinking about which players of us could interest Roma aside Xhaka. Ainsley was one of the first to pop in my head.

A move at the end of the window when Partey and Elneny are back could make sense.

2 Likes