AFTV

Lee Gunner set his stall out early against Arteta and obviously has too big an ego to admit he was way wrong. Pathetic really!!

You guys still watch that crap? I stopped a few years ago when I had a feeling a was getting cancer. Can’t remeber the last time I clicked on their video.

5 Likes

Same here I could never get into it I found them just annoying

1 Like

It’s basically the worst low budget reality TV in existence.

It doesn’t even have sexy people to redeem it a little bit.

6 Likes

You don’t think Robbie is a sexy man hunk…i am sure a lot of people do :pepe1:

It’s official:

Love Island > AFTV

1 Like

Wasn’t it him that got caught on a livestream when he thought the mic was off bragging about how much money they’d make from a defeat?

1 Like

Yeah atleast ChelseaTV has that big breasted hottie to run the show.
Albeit we also have a big breasted person running the show but it’s not the same.

4 Likes

Thanks Calum

1 Like

The link Troopz has with Aubameyang is paying off in more ways than one.

Weird seen some actually transfer from fan channel to another one lol. It shows how powerful these channels are, that people are willing to pay them big money to get them to leave . I remember one of the co founders of that old Red Devil Man Utd fan channel, leaving them cause he got offered a show on Man Utd’s channel. Also one of the women who used to do fan interviews for AFTV ended up for a while doing post match shows on Arsenal website.

It’s not overly shocking, just surprises me that it took them this long to sign one of AFTV more popular names away. getting his own podcast (which are a successful business these days) and is moving to New York, and I’m sure he’s getting paid a lot of money to pry him away from AFTV. It’s a blow to AFTV cause they’ve lost two names now who used to bring in big views for them, Claude and now Troopz who was the only one to rival DT for the big views.

Good luck to him, don’t watch the guy outside of AFTV but with proper backing and i’m sure he bring over some of AFTV fanbase he could end up been successful. But to be honest, I don’t think he be a good podcaster. I think he’s the type that works better in short videos.

1 Like

Don’t watch this shit but fair play to him.

Not sure if there are plenty of examples of London street culture translating well to the US. I think the most successful in media would be Ali G

3 Likes

:joy:

Anyway, always astonishes me that this absolute chancer is now (at least loosely) mates with Aubameyang. A few years ago he was literally a total fucking nobody, being pals with our star player, a world class internationally known striker, is basically a fan’s dream, and he’s now living it.

He must have a bit of a weird life, he’s like fake famous. Known by millions online but not actually a household name in Britain, most people at the supermarket probably have no fucking clue who he is. It’s not the life for me, but I’d imagine he’s probably pretty happy with where his clowning has got him lol. Glad he’s made it big time and is moving to NYC and leaving AFTV, hopefully a side benefit is me not having to see his stupid face as much.

4 Likes

Have to respect the graft (relatively) tbh. Not sure it’s particularly deserved but AFTV made this bullshit work.

Plus it needs to be an instant reaction type podcast for his material to translate. His value lies in his over the top, performative reactions to our defeats.

1 Like

Fair play to him I say, people forget how damn popular these guys are in terms of Fan Channel. I’ve been too many away game and the crowds they get even with rival fans is crazy, that’s even when we win. It’s crazy he’s got a move to New York and I’m sure he’s getting paid a shit ton of money to basically jump ship form AFTV. It shows what a powerful influence these channels have. You might say the man or woman on the street might not know him but you bet the football fan does even if it’s good or bad.

If it was the same type of deal he was doing on AFTV like post match interview and talking about that weeks Premier League matches like he does on AFTV then I think he do well. But Podcasting, damn I don’t think he will do overly well with his way of speaking unless they give him a partner to drag him along and keep things on track. I know his way of speaking Jamaican but it’s tough to understand him at times.

I’m not sure it’s even possible, but some sort of even more dumbed down version of a TalkSport phone in show aired post match is where he’d thrive, if anywhere. Who wants to hear this guy sat in a room having a convo on a Tuesday afternoon? He doesn’t have anything of value to say, like you said, the only value he provides is by being loud and emotional when reacting in the aftermath of a loss.

2 Likes

I could understand if they went for a DT cause he does the odd podcast and works well within the format. Troopz whole act is his after match stuff. Fair play to him, but I have no interest in listening to him on a podcast to be fair but I think he do well if he’s promoted well.

1 Like

I don’t dislike him as much as you do :joy:. But hearing he’s doing a podcast is the worst thing to do with this guy. If it’s just a hour show, it could work if you give him someone to keep on track but I’m sure he make good money and get’s to live in New York but I be surprised if he’s anywhere near successful without AFTV cause people just want to hear him rant.