AFC Bournemouth

Using my reading between the lines spidey senses, he’s been clashing with the management. You don’t say the kind of shit he was saying after that game about needing players in isolation. I’d bet he’s been asking for ages and they’re sick of it.

It’s an interesting shift though. Under Howe Bournemouth seemed to be always spending money that they didn’t really need to as Howe would end up picking his old boys anyway. I can’t think of many good buys they did in the PL.

I don’t think they were expecting to be promoted so soon.

2 Likes

After getting them promoted, I don’t think Parker is going to struggle to get another job.
There will certainly be plenty of Championship clubs interested in him.

lol

2 Likes

I used to try that shit on Football Manager.

Me: “Release the funds or I walk.”

A few moments later…
FLEXO HAS BEEN SACKED!

‘After 12 years of sustained success culminating in 10 League titles and 7 European Cups, Kroenke has relieved the Legendary Manager of his duties.’

:expressionless:.

8 Likes

You saved before it tho didn’t you? :eyes:

5 Likes

Wonder if he loves the all stars game aswell :roll_eyes:

He probably does because he’s American. He’ll also want to change the matches to four 25 minute quarters, have cheerleaders on the sidelines, rolling subs, t-shirt cannons, beer venders in the stands, introduce playoffs and mandate the term “road game” instead of “away match”.

6 Likes

Will he add half time hotdogs tho? And those giant foam pointing fingers? Might make it all worth it.

1 Like

The Premier League is going to become the Premerican League.

2 Likes

Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, United all have American owners.
It’s only natural that they try to enhance or influence aspects of the game.
It’s funny how much coverage this has had in the press.
Changes are happening and going to continue and people need getting the head around that. I mean we have a winter world cup coming up here.

Foam fingers yes.

Hot dogs are so 20th century. They’ll probably have artisanal sausages with mango chutney and pretzel rolls for $25 a pop.

1 Like

$12 for a fucking Oberon at Wrigley Field - what an absolute fucking rip off.

Good luck getting someone to pay £11 for a pint at the Emirates or Stamford Bridge lol

This is why whenever I go to watch football, I’ll eat before I go in. And then nurse a single drink for 90min :slight_smile:

1 Like

I usually skip the drink altogether tbh, or will maybe get a soft drink.

Don’t really see the point in having 1 or 2 pints when I can just have a Coke Zero or Pepsi max instead for half the price

The Qatar World Cup highlights the problem.
We’re being given stuff a lot of people don’t want so rich people become even richer.
But worse, the game is also being used, if you excuse the pun, as a political football.

Can’t take alcohol to your seat anyway.

1 Like

Yeah so I usually end up necking some poorly poured pint of lager or ale (Brentford) and not enjoying so I just don’t bother

That’s a quitter’s mentality Phoebs.

@Cristo I got you bro.

4 Likes

Stuck it in a pepsi cup before but there’s really no point, just smash a few at the pub before the game.