AFC Bournemouth

Tbh he’s doing a frankly sensational job with them. Don’t think he should leave Bournemouth tho as they both fit well with each other

Bournemouth are the smallest club in the league by some distance, okay they have money and resources above their level that’s got them up here but they continue to rely quite a lot on players that were with them in the Championshio (and even League One?).

The guy has to go higher up the food chain than Bournemouth but it’s understandable why you’d be tempted to stick around there rather than take on Everton or West ‘aaaaam

Better than Silva, tbh.

If you think back to how you used to think about Wenger in 2004, that’s basically how the town of Bournemouth feels about Eddie Howe. As has already been said, Bournemouth are by far the smallest club in the PL and what’s looking like 5 consecutive seasons in the top flight is a very good achievement.

I think his success is partly down to the continuity he’s been allowed to have, so I can see why he wouldn’t want to give that up by moving to a “bigger” club with little actual competitive advantage (Everton, West Ham etc.) and then likely getting sacked a year or two later after a downturn of form (he’s had plenty of these btw).

If I was him I’d be looking at jobs like Spurs and if they’re not on offer then sticking with what I’ve got.
Why give up the freedom of control at the club and the adoration of the fans for any lesser a job?

On one hand you can argue if he takes an Everton and does well that’s the step in between him and the top 6, but those clubs are volatile and he could easily be in a worse position in 2 years through no real fault of his own.

He’s a manager who gives you one thing, decent attacking football. You can’t just go to Everton and deliver decent attacking football overnight. I mean Pep didn’t exactly hit the ground running with it at City. He’d he up against it in most other jobs.

Bournemouth have bought quite badly since they’ve been a PL club and I’d guess some of that was down to him.

5 Likes

They come to the Emirates in late February mate, let’s hope that barren away run continues for Eddie Howe and the Cherries.

Well they did and duly dispatched. Howe is the most charmed manager in the prem now. 9 straight away defeats and not an ounce of critical comment in the press. He is not going to improve as a manager.
Times come and gone where he could be considered for anything bigger than Watford size club now.

1 Like

I think he is just happy where he is and there is nothing wrong with that imo

Only 3 losses at home though.

He avoids relegation, the club is getting richer and the fans are happy. Does it really need to be any better than that?

I think all he’s really missing is a proper cup run. Too often exposed in those ties. Out in the first round of the FA cup 3 years in a row is a shambles.

1 Like

Bournemouth are atrocious away. They look like world-beaters at their stadium but quite never up for it in away games.
To be fair they’ve got a lot amateurs in that defence. They even rival some of our jokers.

The smallest club in the league, punching well above its weight for seasons now. Howe has amassed so much credit he’s well entitled to be living off it for seasons yet. Really they should be marooned in the relegation places.

6 Likes

Eddie Howe mic’d up during a sess for anyone interested in picking up some details about his coaching style.

2 Likes

not particularly

Wee man :poldi:

1 Like

he’s way louder then I thought he would be

if you didn’t see the presentation it doesn’t matter, it just means you’re getting sold

Unless they sack Howe they are getting relegated.

Burnley beating you 3-0 is the end credits

And to think some Gooners wanted Eddie Howe after Wenger :joy:

3 Likes

How do you get from losing to an inform Burnley away from home to “the end credits”

and they scored 2 goals, just happened to be victims of Var

Bournemouth have tough fixtures but have to win a few of their remaining home games

Even if they get relegated they should keep Howe.

2 Likes

Can’t see Howe they’ll do that.

1 Like