Abou Diaby

still remember that Bolton game where he started in the FA Cup in 2006. We lost, but I knew he was the next Patrick Vieira.

A real tragedy what happened. All of football lost a potentially huge talent. The Liverpool game was almost a last glimpse of what could have been.

6 Likes

Pogba knows

:henry2:

12 Likes

And then as if by magic, I suddenly like Paul Pogba.

4 Likes

Damn straight, Paul.

1 Like

We know from his haircuts that he has shitty taste. :unai:

Well yeah, if he had really good taste he wouldā€™ve just named Legend Abou and left it at that.

3 Likes

What could have been

5 Likes
6 Likes

Not sure he would have made it tbh. A lot of his minutes during 07-09 also came because we had nobody and were injury riddled. If Wenger just fucking acted and got some midfielders after Vieira, Hleb and Flamini left him, Song and Denilson maybe never got the minutes they had gotten.

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, I thought heā€™d retired a while ago :sweat_smile:

Hopefully heā€™ll have a more productive post Football career.

1 Like

The unluckiest player in the world.

Dark times in the aboucuellar household tonight.

9 Likes

Losing Diarra in January before then Flamini and Gilberto in the summer has still to be one of the biggest wtf when it comes to transfers in that period, we were in serious trouble of dropping out of Top 4 then to Aston Villa, then Arshavin happened.

Song turned out okay (relatively), but Denilsonā€¦damn we wasted so much minutes on players that was never going to amount to much.

07-08 Squad, how we failed to build upon that is mystifying.

1 Like

He practically did. After leaving us, he was at Marseille for 2 years and only made 5 appearances and has been a free agent since.

Robbed of a brilliant career and us a brilliant midfielder. Fuck you Dan Smith. All the best Abou!

4 Likes

Iā€™m glad heā€™s finally called time really. While itā€™s admireable he tried to prolong his career, the poor guy has been so crocked over the past decade, his body never looked likely to recover to something decent. What is sad and something I didnā€™t realise is, heā€™s just 32 :flushed: I couldā€™ve sworn he was mid 30s. Really does feels like a waste of a career.

I do recall his assist for Rosickyā€™s winning goal against Liverpool, and of course who can forget completely mullering John Terry in the face :laughing:

Kinda makes me wonder about the likes of Jack Wilshere. Could see him as someone in the future who may fall into the category of retiring young through injuries and body breaking down constantly.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Canā€™t be just that. Clearly his body wasnā€™t made for the roughness of the sport. It sucks, an unreal talent but his legs let him down.

He will forever be a legend just for this (if you ignore the final result).

tumblr_lg7xrvZeva1qg6sdmo1_400

4 Likes

Ive tried but cant.