Aaron Ramsey

Out of any context… But it just got me thinking, an in form, fit Ramsey, would absolutely brilliant in this team in stead of Xhaka. Just imagine all the goals and assist he would ger if he had the space Xhaka has, also he’d get a decent amount of tackles etc… It would be a role tailor made for him.
Most of the time he was playing as a 10, as a winger, or as a CM in a two man midfield… none od those roles really suited him.

But obviously, I’m not regretring he’s not here, you could maybe count on him to be on the proper level for about a month per season. Watching him regaining his form after his mandatory injury, struggling with basic football stuff was absolute torture.

Yeah he would be better because he would be better fucking coached.

I had a soft spot for him when he was here, probably cause of the injury he suffered early on in his career. But he’d have done absolutely fuckall here in any role. The guy had his contract terminated by Juve and couldn’t cut it a bloody rangers, no way he’d have done anything meaningful if he stayed here, especially on wages he was demanding.

Couldnt wait for him to leave when he was with us

Glad he went

Even more glad he didnt return

I always said this was the spot for him to play, he needed to be in a midfield 3 with more focus on going forward because his positional flaws could be covered by the other two.

Not sure what make up of the other two would be best: Ramsey - Partey - Odegaard still feels like we’d put a lot of pressure on Partey, but for sure Ramsey was never a double pivot player and we wasted years using him that way.

I’m actually amazed he didn’t call time on his Wales career following the world cup. With Bale going it almost feels like the end of an era for them and Ramsey clinging on for a bit longer just seems surprising.

2 Likes

Will be tough for Ramsey to juggle playing for Wales, Nice and Aston Villa. #respect

1 Like

Just ridiculous. Never fit or available and his game is just deteriorated each year that passes.

Did they just name him captain because he’s their most notable player?

I thought he had retired too.

4 Likes

Legend

3 Likes

If there’s one ex player from the Emirates era deserving to be at the parade if we win the title, it’s Aaron Ramsey.

Fucking hell :joy:

Stuff people come out with these days

13 Likes

I didn’t even notice the caption…

but facts :wink:

1 Like

Seriously, all these guys couldn’t wait to bounce then I hear that tripe.

7 Likes

Mate I was just about to quote the same thing. Keep this injury riddled, Hollywood pass making, obsessed with flicking the ball, speculative shot taking shitter as far away from the club as possible.

4 Likes

The fucking backheels still raise my hackles.

1 Like

But but the fa cup final goal

1 Like

Both of them.

Less frustrating then Walcott though, I’ll give him that.

2 Likes