Aaron Ramsey

Oh damn, I missed this.

Pretty unfinal like from Ramsey.

Even Rangers fans wanted to see the back of him. I read he played well in two games during his loan spell and that penalty miss didn’t endear him anymore to them.

Sadly the injuries did catch up with him in the end. You could tell Juventus regretted ever signing him just for the wages alone. 49 games 5 goals. Won a Serie A title and Coppa Italia.

Definitely one of those you can say as of right now best years were at Arsenal. Shame a talented player that 2013/2014 season he really was immense for us.

I thought maybe a move to MLS with his mate Bale to play golf would be on the cards. Play a little footie and get fit for Wales games. But seems he wants to play in the PL and be nearer to Cardiff. He definitely have to knock down those wages and probably be more a squad player.

So it’s safe to say he’s not a Gers legend then

Whenever people talk about how good Ramsey was they can literally only draw to 13/14 as evidence of it. And all the subsequent seasons he gave us moments of brilliance but a whole heap of shit.

Honestly just so overrated it’s unreal. Useless most of the time with poor fundamentals of a good midfielder like positioning, passing and decision making

9 Likes

Even when fit he is a Championship level football er, with the lungs of a marathon runner and an ego Big enough to feed to a s all african village. Most overrated Arsenal player ever.

1 Like

What’s Fabregas got to do with a Ramsey discussion?

More of a Celtic one with the penalty miss

2 Likes

He was more than a good set of lungs. He didn’t shy away from the ball and his third man running was elite.

We let him go at the right time though. Always thought he was more effective than Wilshere.

2 Likes

Yet another with the tools who didn’t get coached well enough to reach his full potential.
Faults in his game not ironed out early, held him back.

3 Likes

Exactly, that Hull final still propping up his legacy here ffs.

Aside from late runs into the box there was nothing elite about his game. Odd flashes of ridiculousness (e.g. gala goal) but with the amount of backheel flicks he tried, something stupendous had to come off eventually.

Imo we wasted good years with the likes of Ozil, Sanchez, RVP, Cazorla because we had a useless central midfield til the latter moved there.

1 Like

I’ll always have a fondness for him for his two FA Cup Final winners and his ability to score great goals.

He was a frustrating player and I totally get why people don’t like him, I really do. But I hope that with time people forget their frustrations and instead come to respect or appreciate him for what he did achieve with us, instead of cussing him out whenever his name is mentioned.

At the end of the day, I think two FA Cup winning goals will earn him a legacy of sorts. When history books are written, there aren’t that many Arsenal players who have achieved that kind of thing on paper.

And no, I’m not saying he’s a legend, before we get into that one again lol

11 Likes

I just like to mention that Ramsey scored & assisted just before the world went into lockdown

2 Likes

That’s a nice move for him

1 Like

Yeah. A nice move :wenger:

2 Likes
How many appearances?
  • 1-10
  • 10-19
  • 20-29
  • 30+

0 voters

Took me a while to get clock what you did. You did it intentionally right? Right? :ginger:

Of course. I’m witty like that.

A bit out of the blue. Fair play to him for testing himself again in a foreign league.

I see the welcome video Nice put out only showed his Arsenal highlights, even better they called Juve "La Vecchia Donna " which translates as the old woman and not La Vecchia Signora which is their nickname, the old lady :laughing:

1 Like

He was like the pro club players that always want to get the glory by either scoring or getting and assist, but never really pay attention to his position and fuck all about defense as a CM.

1 Like