Aaron Ramsey

I reckon we should go for a midfielder.

Thatā€™s about the level of your football expertise so Iā€™m glad you could come to that opinion :ok_hand:

Yea, we canā€™t all be insightful experts like you. Or ac.

I was at an actual football game tonight as it happens. Do you go often yourself? :slight_smile:

Box to box one hopefully. There must be a Torreria esque one out there for us haha

1 Like

i reckon he will be replaced by ESR most likelyā€¦kid looks like he has got some skills about him.

Iā€™ve managed to see a handful of games on my European ventures, but rarely attend games at home as our league is probably on par with the Irish league so it does make it hard to attend.

@Aussiegooner

Fuck, can you guys stop acting like dickheads???

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Heā€™s also fighting for a spot in Juveā€™s team next season. Needs to show them what player they are getting.

Iā€™m sure heā€™s professional and that, but I wouldnā€™t put his effort and form solely on that basis.

2 Likes

It was never going to happen when it got close to his final yearā€¦ this whole discussion is moot and silly. Nice player who would have been fine to stay and probably contribute, but not at the insane wages he was obviously angling for and backed himself to earnā€¦ fair play to him for thatā€¦ Weng and crew f*d it if we ever wanted to keep him. Need to move on, folks. Great that he is useful in the final handful of games for us, but this was a lost cause a long time ago.

Form equals fifteen games. A patch equals 5 gamesā€¦

Either way, Ramsey has easily met either criteria in the past six years at various points.

Iā€™m not his biggest champion but the way some people act like heā€™s done literally fuck all in six or seven years is basically embarrassing.

Heā€™s not a god level, legendā€¦ But to act like heā€™s basically some sort of bum we can easily live without is laughable.

1 Like

Yeah agree, but so what? We lost him over 12 months agoā€¦ water under the bridge and all thatā€¦ we need better players all over the damn pitch.

We do, but I donā€™t quite believe weā€™ll be signing a CM better than Ramsey this summer.

For all his faults, I donā€™t for a second think weā€™ll be signing anyone better.

1 Like

Maybe but that was a failure a while agoā€¦ not sure why we are pining over him any more.

Not that Iā€™m personally pining, but the reason Arsenal fans might be is because heā€™s in good form and killing it for us.

So itā€™s not that hard to understand really, is it?

Just seems pointless as he is already gone and has been for a long timeā€¦ his form is overrrated a bit as well and potentially exemplifies our shambles of a squad overall.

1 Like

His form isnā€™t overrated, his form is as good as it seems to be.

Which is very good.

1 Like

For a small handful of games. He was downright awesome for half season years ago. We have ample evidence to assess his long term contribution and I was one of his relative proponents. People are massively affected by recency bias.

1 Like

Itā€™s nohing to do with a handful of games or recency, heā€™s clearly been one of the better CMs we have had for some time.

I suspect weā€™re just some way apart in our evaluation of Ramsey. In which case thereā€™s little point in arguing.

Heā€™s demonstrated his value for many years imo.

Decent value, absolutely, but not what he will be paid at Juve. If we wanted to keep him, it was mismanaged well over a year ago. He has also been an infuriating player for stretches. Just trying to be balanced about it. Like I said, I was one defending when other were willing to throw him out with his outrageous demands.

1 Like

Exactly. Ramsey has not shown as much to still justify the wages it would have taken to keep him here