Aaron Ramsey

Alexis was top 3 player in the league between 2014/17 what are you on about

1 Like

Alexis was great, but thatā€™s the thing with him. You have to build the team around him to make it work. Man Utd has too many star players and thus he canā€™t replicate that form. Guys like Ramsey/Ozil have more worth to me as theyā€™re players who elevate the whole team. Hell, Ronaldo has that effect too.
To clarify, I think Ramsey has been great regardless but he couldā€™ve been more influential if he wasnā€™t playing with a baby that wanted to dictator how the team should play, and specifically everything to be massively involved with him.

1 Like

If he helps us win the Europa I still wonā€™t consider him a club legend but I promise to not continue to violently roll my eyes at the overly exuberant fans who do.

7 Likes

Thought he couldnā€™t play good unless it was 13/14 :thinking:

Season saver.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always really liked Ramsey despite being frustrated with him at times and we will definitely miss him, but I do find this narrative surrounding him now from commentators, pundits, reporters and some fans is getting a bit over the top.

Every single time he scores or performs well in a match now, all weā€™re hearing about is that Arsenal are so foolish to have let him go and how supposedly unbelievable it is that heā€™s departing. Yes, in hindsight we maybe should have kept him, but he has never been fully consistent and the money he was asking for would have hindered us in our efforts to make other signings.

Heā€™s no doubt going out on a real high note, but this constant whinging from people about how stupid we are to have let him go is getting a bit tiring, especially because a lot of it is based on a ā€œwise after the factā€ situation where they are analysing a player who has hit top form after signing somewhere else. The real crime was not selling him for a fee when we could.

5 Likes

Good article

1 Like

At the end of the day weā€™ve waited 5/6 years for form like this again so I donā€™t think anybody can blame Arsenal fans for growing frustrated with him.

6 Likes

Heā€™s shown it in patches more recently than 5 or 6 years ago.

3 Likes

Ramsey should be making 90 minutes appearances each game now. Not only he is in some of the best form in his Arsenal career but also we can afford to run him into the ground as he is off so any consequences are none of our concern.

Unethical perhaps but itā€™s a cut-throat business football. Heh.

10 Likes

On the other hand, Ramsey may not be as hyped about Top4 race and may not go for 50-50s as much.

I feel like itā€™s the opposite. Heā€™s in his best form for years. It doesnā€™t look like heā€™ll shy away from anything. The manā€™s being the ultimate professional and going out with a bang.

4 Likes

Yeah like @Phoebica pointed out heā€™s been nothing but 100% professional every since it was announced he wonā€™t be given a new contract so there is nothing to suggest he might not commit to games.

1 Like

Hmmm, so did Walcott though to be fair. Patches surely shouldnā€™t constitute to form in my books

I thought he was quite good for a large part of last season also and was probably our best player, itā€™s just that the bar was set so low because we were so shit.

1 Like

How long a period exactly constitutes form, in your eyes?

Apparently not patches :giroud:

Hmmm good question, maybe a solid string of 15 games, give or take. And a patch being circa 5 games?

Btw, this isnā€™t a point I feel very strongly about haha. The basis of my point was that I agreed with @SRCJJ that itā€™s perhaps been that long since heā€™s shown this level of consistency :blush:

Iā€™m intruiged by what sort of player we replace Ramsey with.

It depends on what Emery needs.

Tor is a hot head, do we need a calm player alongside with him?
Or we need another hot head bombing forward with no regrets?

A year or two ago I wanted Goretzka, but snatched by Bayern already.
I only know, if we need another Ramsey, it wonā€™t be cheap.

1 Like