Aaron Ramsdale (1)

You would have thought that we would move on to Johnstone who was also reported as an alternative.

This isn’t a Kia client nor a guy that Inaki knew and thought he would be good competition. They must genuinely believe he is the real deal to be going this hard. Ben White’s agent talked about how thorough the club was with their scouting of Ben. I assume the same was done for Ramsdale so I’m willing to trust the club on this one, hopefully we don’t get burned.

I still can’t quite believe this so will stick my head in the sand until it’s confirmed. It’s just too juicy a clickbait for shitters like Sky and whoever the fuck PeteO is to give up on.

You put up some nonsense about this deal and I imagine it’s the most shared/reacted to thing they do that day. Well that and a new Xhaka contract.

We’ve been on “oh there might be a third bid” for like 2 weeks now, after other people saying there have been 0 bids. Why were we making 2 bids in quick succession and then no more if we’re still chasing?

Out of all the rumours this one feels the most exaggerated and milked to me, at least I hope.

3 Likes

There has got to be a goalkeeper out there on a free that can do the job of sitting on his arse for 1 year and not embarrass himself for at least 3 games. This is so pointless.

4 Likes

My gut tells me we get Ramsdale and go into the season without a CAM signing :joy::joy:

1 Like

If we splash the cash and get a couple of class midfielders whilst selling dead weight. I wouldn’t even be mad at this signing. His young and a good shot stopper, also quite vocal but unsure how good he is a distributing. If he’s happy about coming here now he’s happy about being a number 2 for the time being.

1 Like

Didn’t your gut tell you we’ll end up signing an AM a while ago?

You don’t need to pay £30m+ to get this

2 Likes

We will get one on loan probably.

I’m sure he is a decent GK and buying Ramsdale isn’t the problem but buying Ramsdale for 40m certainly is.
It would mean we will have spent 90m on a CB and GK, which weren’t priority positions and then we go and hand out a new contract to a player that most supporters can’t stand.

There must be other GK’s that are more experienced that we could get for a fraction of the price.
It’s like Arteta is obsessed with the player and no one else will do.

It’s not like there is a queue of other clubs wanting to buy him so we’re not in a bidding war which would bump the price up.

I know we have a record of bizarre transfers and over paying for mediocrity but this is ridiculous.

We sold Martinez for 20m, so how does Arteta think Ramsdale is worth more than that?

1 Like

I have an open mind about Ramsdale as a player and don’t mind addressing GK this window but 30m is surely too much unless we’re in a world where the Kroenkes have decided to just splash cash like crazy. And the problem is that all our other business currently suggests that we’re not in that world. Because if we’re in that kind of world then we should have just bought Lautaro even before outgoings and figured out how to get rid of Laca later. Or we should have just said fuck it we’ll take 12m for Xhaka even though its a pittance because we just need to move on at that position.

1 Like

This keeper isn’t very good and certainly not worth 30 million.

The sheer incompetence of the way this club handles transfers is staggering.

:fu:

3 Likes

If we pay 30+mil for Ramsdale, nothing would ever surprise me regarding this club.

3 Likes

If we wanted a player from that club, it should have been Berge.

Fckin Ramsdale.

3 Likes

I’ve already crossed that line with Xhaka.

2 Likes

Nice to see our future number 2 conceding to fucking Blues

Goal 1

1 Like

Poor positioning, slow to judge and react and just generally poor reading of what was obviously going to happen.

2 Likes

We should be all over Berge. Man’s a beast.

1 Like

Sounds like Arsenal DNA to me.

1 Like

I just can’t fathom we want to waste our transfer budget on this guy.

I genuinely think you’d get a negative points return on investment if he came into our 11.

As in instead of spending 30mill and it adding points to our season we’d actually be spending 30mill and be worse off than current.

3 Likes