Aaron Ramsdale (1)

ngl he had some quality saves today as well lest we forget. getting so used to them but he kept his clean sheet by his own merit this game (soton) imo. a lesser keeper could’ve conceded one or two here, good on him again.

1 Like

He should teach our midfield how to pass

4 Likes

If he was a midfielder I think we’d beat most presses with pinpoint accurate passes

1 Like

Love Ramsdale.
What a professional attitude he has shown since his signing .
He’ll have his mistakes but he has got a big enough personality to deal with it .

2 Likes

Wouldn’t mind seeing made captain at some point in the future.

1 Like

George Graham would love a bit of Rammers.

7 Likes

Giroud loved a knee slide too. Could Rammy replace him in your heart? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No, Aaron doesn’t have Olivier’s sex appeal

Emi in the mud.

12 Likes

Sheffield United grade: A-
Arsenal grade: B-

Having been Sheffield United’s Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year for 2020-21, I’m sure the Blades would have wanted to keep Ramsdale. But they were relegated and still managed to make a decent profit on a player they only signed for £18.5m from Bournemouth in August 2020.

It’s not often that a backup goalkeeper costs over £20m but Arsenal clearly have bigger plans for the England international and he’s expected to replace Bernd Leno long-term. It’s an odd move though and one feels that, given Arsenal’s terrible start to the season, the money would have been better spent elsewhere.

ESPN in the mud

7 Likes

He’s been our player of the season by quite some distance and has certainly won us more points than any other player so I don’t know where they get the idea that Ramsdale is our back up GK.

I’m already in the mud with Emi, there’s plenty of space for ESPN too.

2 Likes

It was written before the season I think, given it talks about him becoming number 1 in the long term, which is not how its gone at all.

Same kind of early judgement lots of us were wrong to make.

4 Likes

I wasn’t convinced that he was worth 30m but so far he looks like a bargain, especially if we can recoup some of that back when we sell Leno, who I still think is a decent GK.

To be fair, for the sort of money we paid, he wasn’t coming here as back up and has been really impressive in almost every game.

1 Like

Make Tierney captain with Ramsdale being vice captain? This would satisfy some who say Ramsdale hasn’t been at the club long enough to be captain while he will still have plenty of matches as captain if Tierney continues missing matches due to injuries.

Majorly happy to be well fucking wrong about him, genuinely enjoy watching him in goal and he has the charisma aswell.
Fair fucks to the club on this one as its always a very difficult one to get right!

2 Likes

We all float down here. Haven’t been this wrong on a player since Xhaka.

I know he hasn’t had to do much tonight, but just his presence and general behaviour/mannerisms has me convinced that we have the best goalkeeper in the league. Maybe even the world.

14 Likes

Exceptional with the ball at his feet, does what he needs to saves wise and plays with some real passion.

Like him more with each passing game.

3 Likes