Aaron Ramsdale (1)

When you like a player: ‘‘Character’’
When you don’t: ‘‘pAsHuN mErChAnT’’
:sunglasses:

4 Likes

He’s made a good start and looks like a big improvement in Leno especially with the style of football Arteta is trying to get them to play.

I’m still bemused though why we sold Martinez for 2-8m less than we’re paying for Ramsdale. We had to suffer a season of Leno playing rather badly (that Everton own goal will stick in my mind for ever along with that red card against Wolves) while Martinez was Villas signing of the season in the meantime.

Leno vs Burnley - Ramsdale vs Burnley

Emi wanted to leave and I believe had two years left on his contract at the time.

There was an offer on the table for Emi unlike Leno.

No one could say for certain whether Emi was the better keeper and most thought the money on offer was good given the circumstances.

£20m is the average price for an average-good Premier League keeper.

Ramsdale is English so you can added a few more pound sterling to the price tag.

Ramsdale is also younger.

5 Likes

Ramsdale has also never broken Brazilian covid laws.

7 Likes

My stance seriously softened on Ramsdale when you heard how many fans of his from old clubs spoke so highly of him. I honestly thought at first we were signing the worst goalkeeper in the PL based on the common consensus.

But his first few appearances have been incredibly reassuring. He’s commanding, very physical, he’s vocal, he’s very communicative with his team mates and isn’t afraid to come out and challenge balls

The way he passes is as good as most keepers. He puts such a beautiful spin on the ball.

So far the signs are positive and it’s looking like a job well done on Ramsdale, Tomiyasu and Odegaard so far in relation to the quality of player that we’ve signed. Very happy.

12 Likes

I thought he was a lot of money, considering we needed to strengthen our attacking positions.
But, if Leno is leaving, then Ramsdale seems to be a good replacement.

He must have been aware of the supporters being unhappy with his signing but he’s shown a lot of character to walk into the first team and play with such confidence.

3 Likes

Strolls , don’t let me down fella . Ramsdale will be strong for us .

1 Like

Decent start and nice to see a new player embrace an opportunity.

2 Likes

Lmao haven’t you criticized me in the past for doing this? I remember talking about how ESR was highly regarded when on loan and being mocked for it :thinking::thinking::joy::joy:

so Arteta and Edu deserve tonnes of credit right :pepe1:

I criticised you for forging an opinion on how good a player is without watching to me play. I said my stance on the idea of signing him softened because people spoke highly about him. I didn’t know what type of player we were getting though nor did I pretend to have an extremely knowledgeable opinion on him

1 Like

Lmaooo I never formed an opinion on ESR only relayed what the fans of the club he played for thought of him. Cute how the story changes when u decide to do the same :joy::joy::joy:

It’s always best to criticise what is bad and commend what looks good (so far). The summer signings look decent, still some questions over Ben White, but could be a good pairing with Gabriel. Negatives still far outweigh positives for Arteta, would have been sacked at any of our comparable competitors at the end of last season, but he is in a dynamic of fortune with the Kroenke’s where they like him as their PR man.

Nonetheless I have no problem saying an individual aspect looks positive if it does to avoid a confirmation bias trap, and also to carry more gravitas when Arteta deserves a real shellacking. He wasn’t going to be sacked before Oct/Niv, but if things are not looking good then I think we will all be pushing his exit, along with fans at the Emirates.

You did with Locatelli. You kept banging on about how good he was when you admittedly had never seen him play.

You’re attempting to paint me out to be a hypocrite and it’s not working because it’s not the same thing.

Not attempting cuz u quite simply are one :grin::+1:

If you say so mate

1 Like
4 Likes

Can’t stand these sign writing row 1 kids tbh.

9 Likes

Yeah, I agree with this…You see that kid today at the Hammers game, saying he loves Ronaldo, and can he have his shirt…ffs…
Kid looked like he couldn’t even write, so I’m betting, dad done it, so he can sell CR7 shirt on Ebay, pays for this years Benidorm holiday…lolol

7 Likes

nah I don’t usually give likes to Ronaldo slander …but that made me burst in laughter…great post lol.

1 Like