Aaron Ramsdale (1)

6 Likes

Fantastic stuff

5 Likes

That’s an absolutely superb pass

2 Likes

I remember that pass thinking this is exactly why Arteta wanted him so badly. But it’s one thing passing like that against a Championship side’s U21s, and another thing doing it against a PL level compact pressing unit.

Regardless, he pulled off some decent saves as well which is his main job lest we forget.

5 Likes

Will take a bit more to excite me than a pass along the ground but it’s great that people are generally impressed with his debut, last thing he needed was a dodgy start.

Like an idiot I didn’t watch yesterday, probably the only time we’ll score more than two goals all season :grin:

6 Likes

Please remember Ramsdale is known as “Rambo”
He is loved by AFC Wimbledon fans, when they secured him from Bournemouth. His outstanding goal keeping kept AFC Wimbledon in league 1.
AFC WIMBLEDON are a fan owned club and it would have been a huge set back had they gone back to Div 2. They have never been relegated since starting in Division 9 in 2002 …
He was previously called Rammers by Shef Utd but
AFC WIMBLEDON fans re-named him to Rambo…
A great goal keeper Seamanesque

12 Likes

Welcome to OA Dondom!

2 Likes

That stood out for me in the highlights as well, along with a couple of other such passes.

Very true, but I don’t see Leno even attempting that pass, even against a Championship U21 side. So, good on Ramsdale to have the confidence and ability to pull that off.

1 Like

Welcome along. I really love what AFC Wimbledon have achieved. Hope to visit Plough Lane for a game some day.

4 Likes

Remember Ramsdale is called “Rambo” for a reason.
He can go absolutely nuts, has lots of energy and is loud and brash …
He will oust Leno… Great goal stopper, kicks out well… England No 3 at Euros …
Saved AFC WIMBLEDON ON HIS OWN from relegation to Div 2 most saves in PL last season

3 Likes

Leno is known as Lolno here so Rambo is not only a much better goalkeeper but also has a much better nickname

1 Like

He is?

Thanks Shamrock I was a dyed in the wool gooner ,
But got disillusioned with Kroenke and now have a new allegiance. Followed Gooners across Europe but now enjoy uniqueness of being an owner and Fan of AFC WIMBLEDON, seen them rise from Div 9!

6 Likes

I believe you’re one the only one to call him that

8 Likes

Rambo … It will catch on … I can send you links from AFC WIMBLEDON forum if you like … remember I only have two pieces of expert knowledge, that is all things around Arsenal FC and AFC Wimbledon

Welcome Dondom.

Been to see AFC Wimbledon play a few times, always a smashing day out. Lots of affection for your club on here, so without wishing ill on my own club, I hope you enjoy our cup fixture.

2 Likes

Thanks for me personally am a bit torn — had family living in Avenell road opposite Highbury stadium …
Not sure which shirt too wear a Red one or a Blue one …
But going to Div 9 after seeing Pires score at Stadio Olimpico Rome was a bit tough…
But the rise equals the many Arsenal Cup finals I’ve been too …

3 Likes

I think that was in reply to Calum calling Leno “lolno” and not disputing that Dons fans call Ramsdale Rambo haha

I used to live in Wimbledon in the 90s and was a big Wimbledon fan, right around the time the club was doing a groundshare with Palace. My dentist was also the team dentist, so he used to get me free tickets! Still have my Efan Ekoku top!

2 Likes

The greatest thing for me is the “ Fan owned bit “
Being a Football lover I had to get on the AFC Wimbledon train before it left the station …
I had 5 silver memberships at the Emirates until 3 years ago … #kroenke out

Is anyone surprised about this? :sweat_smile:

11 Likes