2022 World Cup

Yeah I watched itv too.

Was great.

Wish they had Clive tho.

Lee Dixon was the worst part of the commentary though.

1 Like

L’Equipe whining about how the third goal should have been tossed on a technicality based on this Zapruder film. Oh so salty.

1 Like

Same way the third goal of France should never been awarded due to a handball in the build up to the penalty decision

6 Likes

Imagine disallowing a goal in the World Cup final because a player encroached on a part of the field that had no effect whatsoever. Any ref who done that would be rightfully hammered

2 Likes

2 Likes

Was Tchouameni really that good in this tournament? It felt to me like France badly lost the midfield battle against England, against Morocco, and against Argentina.

Lisandro Martinez only started two matches and didn’t start the semi or play in the final. I’m not sure who to pick at LB but it can’t be him. Luke Shaw was quietly very good all tournament IMO.

If Sosa was there. I would have put him LB

How on Earth did you arrive at L Martinez making your team of the tournement after only starting 2/7 games.

2 Likes

Couldn’t think of any LB that impressed me in the tournament outside of Mazraoui and didn’t want to overly bias my team with Moroccan players and thought Lisandro was mammoth anytime he came on the pitch for Argentina.

Looks like it was not handball after all prior to the second France penalty. This makes sense as otherwise we probably would have seen the players on the pitch immediately complaining.

Would put Hakimi in for Ziyech instead if it let me

1 Like

1 Like

I’ve seen multiple angles of this. He really should have passed.
I think Mbappe was indeed clear and Martinez was committed to do a save.

The French will have sleepless nights of this for sure.

No dialogue in UK media on how the lack of alcohol meant England fans managed to behave the best they ever have, and avoid violence and arrests.

2 Likes

They mentioned it on MoTD yesterday tbf.

Said the metro stations back to the hotel every night was always a party atmosphere with all fans having a good time and the alcohol ban played a part in that

2 Likes

Bet L’Equipe wouldn’t be writing any articles about this goal needing to disallowed due to players being on the pitch lol

4 Likes

Think there was a few stories doing the rounds about no England fans being arrested. I definitely saw some.

Also wonder how high the bar was to get into Qatar. Can imagine the Cops had a lengthy ban list and a country in Qatar only too willing to stop every single person on it from entering.

1 Like