2022 World Cup

6 Likes

I just came here to say has anyone seen that Greek penalty vs Spain last night ? Absolutely wild decision.

Didn’t even watch the game. Can’t be bothered with international games rn.

2 Likes

Turkey taking charge of our group. 0-2 up in Norway.

Turkey have a pretty strong team to be fair. All peak age too, other than their striker who is like 80 – yet still scored a hat-trick against you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Turkey benefitting from the Özil bounce. His mere presence in that country has turned them into potential world champions

8 Likes

0-3. Haaland is a fraud

Christ what’s happening here @shamrockgooner

I’m not quite sure, but I think what it is, is that we’re shite.

5 Likes

People don’t know the true pain of international breaks, they think it’s shit because they don’t get to watch their main team for a weekend but they should honestly try having to watch a team from either end of Ireland.

1 Like

And the Rovers game was even postponed this weekend cos we had a couple of players off at thier countries. Can usually console myself with that at least.

:santi:

1 Like

Did RoI not beat Luxembourg?

At least we can start protesting Qatar without worry now.

3 Likes

I imagine he took this well? :grin:

1 Like

Imagine no more.

Goal number 103 is going to have to wait.

3 Likes

cry some more

@Flexo looool

2 Likes

Is there no goal line technology for qualifiers ? Whaaaaat???

1 Like

Are you joking? Technology doesn’t exist in most leagues/competitions.

I actually think that is a big problem going forward. Referees forget they don’t have a back up plan outside of the big league.

So for example, the Scotland game the other day – blatant penalty. In real time, it was a penalty. Maybe the ref was afraid to give it and just had it in his head that VAR would overrule, forgetting VAR wasn’t there.

3 Likes

Another reason why the VAR implementation is shit.

2 Likes