2022 World Cup

Personally think that would be really shit. I’d be surprised if the majority of people were in favour of back to back qualifiers and then a tournament. Maybe I’m wrong though :woman_shrugging:

Although I prefer club football at weekends, having international breaks doesn’t bother me that much. Gives me the opportunity to get out more and also have an afternoon nap :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Playing them all at once is the only solution to this STOP START problem. Eliminate Andorra, Luxembourg and dem man to make the process quicker.

I think I’ve misunderstood you but I don’t know why this would be the case? International tourneys (World Cup and Euros for this example) are every 4 years. There’s be plenty of seasons to do qualifiers then have the main event on it’s own.

Is it a problem though? International football during the season has always been part of the calendar. It’s really not a big enough deal to warrant change IMO. Not to mention, the logistics of doing it all in one go.

Weird logic. Just because its a yearly occurence doesnt mean we shouldnt act and solve the problem asap. 90% of all football fans hate these breaks. Its also a pain in the ass for clubs and players. But knowing UEFA and FIFA it will take a good 10-20 years before they get the finger out.

How is the logistics of doing it all in one go harder than doing in small stupid ass bits for the entire season.

1 Like

Exactly.

This is what Wenger is championing. It’s a great idea

Because of the home and away aspect. Would be a lot of travelling in a short space of time. People made a fuss about the Euros this year because of the travelling some countries had to do.

I think that was mainly because of COVID tbf (and just generally the fact that the Euros are so much better when hosted in one country and one country only)

Anyway, all female referee team for the England match tonight :eyes:

3 Likes

Still can’t quite get my head around the idea that the World Cup is going to take place in the middle of an ongoing league campaign.

4 Likes

England fans singing “Tottenham get battered everywhere they go” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Yea, let’s just pretend some countries don’t exist. Great idea.

Make a tournament for countries under 1m citizens and let them battle it out with eachother to earn a spot for the big qualifying tournament in may.

That’s awesome!!

How are they doing?

That effectively exists already with the nations league. I’m sure you love that.

It’s a disgrace but from a Timezone perspective it works in my favour.

1 Like

Lee Dixon: “He looks 51!” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Can’t be picky if you’re Andorra. If any of you have any Andorran links, you might get yourself a game.

Harsh

Yeh was bullshit but his first yellow was so fucking silly. Can’t blame the ref when you’re that naive

1 Like