2020 United States Presidential Election

That’s crazy - Clear suppression of the franchise

Credit to all the people who stayed to exercise their rights

It crossed my mind especially because we know a lot of what he does is through the lens of reality tv. It would be a dramatic plot twist for him to contract COVID and make a full recovery, displaying how virile and strong he is in a series of media ops. But in reality he’s an obese senior citizen with heart issues so he had to get airlifted to the hospital, take experimental drugs and get slathered with more makeup than usual just to release a few videos. I don’t think that’s part of the plan.

3 Likes

Part of the plan apparently was to wear a superman costume under his suit and tear the suit off. I so wish he did that for the LOLs

Some nice nerdy stuff here for anyone interested.

3 Likes

None of this is going to make me feel any better. I probably won’t feel any better until that clown is gone.

It’s the bit between November and inauguration that worries me the most for sure… And I don’t have to live there.

Yeah, he’s the fucking worst. It’s hard to think of a punishment he doesn’t deserve at this point.

I’m getting to the point where if Trump wins it from here, it’ll be an even bigger shock than when he won his first election.

Win is kind of a loose word. If Republican governors enact sweeping voter suppression measures in heavily Democratic areas, is it really him winning? Not in my book, but I could see it happening. I don’t know that he’s capable of admitting he lost the election (he couldn’t stand the fact that HRC won the popular vote) so I’d guess that no matter what happens he will absolutely declare victory on election night.

3 Likes

I find the DNC so contemptible, that I kinda want Trump to win.

:xhaka: gtfo with that nonsense. Nobody likes the DNC. Nobody’s excited about Biden as a candidate but at the very least Biden isn’t going to play footsie with white nationalists, take a dump on the country’s COVID response and go out of his way to personally enrich himself at the expense of the country. Was Biden my candidate? No. But it is what it is.

1 Like

No, he’s more likely to go and start a war. I’ll give it a year before the US is invading Syria.

2 Likes

Very much doubt that but ok.

Was It not joe Biden that gave a eulogy at the ex kkk grand wizard funeral (Robert Byrd)? And said that he was his mentor or something like that?

Now that’s cherry picking. Byrd was a senator who before his political career was a member of the klan in the 1930-40s when he was 20 something. He was never a grand wizard, but a recruiter and he never hid that it was the biggest mistake of his life joining kkk.

1 Like

So was Byrd a member of the kkk or not? Saying he was in his 20s is a weak argument because at that age you know what you are doing. Just because he became a politician changes nothing that in itself is a definition of institutional racism. How one can go from a recruiter of the kkk to being part of the Democratic Party who pulls the leaver of government. There is no down playing it making it sound less than it is. So many black Americans died at the hands of the kkk It is not just cherry picking some useless Facts

1 Like

It’s just what I found on a simple google search, not my point of view. Maybe you should do that too before posting? You obviously know the name of the man (you posted Byrd in your original post), but you didn’t even care to investigate who he was? Not even the slightest? I’ve never heard about this guy before, but finding info was simple.

Here, the first thing that popped up. Not good for Biden and he shouldn’t be in the running either. https://www.adelnews.com/zz/news/20200615/fact-check-photo-shows-biden-with-byrd-who-once-had-ties-to-kkk-but-wasnt-grand-wizard

Both of them are unsuitable for office. If you find yourself attacking one, but defending the other, then you are part of the problem.

4 Likes

It’s the same in this country.
Johnson or Corbyn?
What kind of choice is that?
How did we get a situation where inadequate, out of their depth chancers like Trump and Johnson get to be leaders?

1 Like

Who are you voting for then Jules? Just curious.