2020 Summer Olympics

Didn’t Michael Phelps also back in the day eat something stupid like >10,000kcals a day?! I’ve plucked that number outta the air but I’m sure it was something as ridiculous as that

3 Likes

Pretty sure I remember reading that he ate 11,000-12,000 calories a day during the months he was training for the olympics lol

Edit: sorry I was wrong - it was 8-10k a day :joy: I can’t even imagine eating that

1 Like

I’ve done 8-10k calorie days but only in isolation lol. I couldn’t imagine having to do that daily it would absolutely bury me.

The 8-10k calories was predominantly junk, so it’s easy to hit a high calorie count when you’re eating shit. I couldn’t imagine eating 8-10k calories of clean foods. :nauseated_face:

3 Likes

Can you imagine how much broccoli and asparagus you would need to eat :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

It’s crazy to think of this being nearly a decade ago already :woozy_face:

Do you think this country could pull off such an amazing Olympics now?

1 Like

Yeah I think so. If there’s one thing the Uk excels at, it’s pageantry.

1 Like

Just caught up with the swimming. Gold and silver :star_struck: What a race and what a win for Tom Dean. Thought Duncan Scott would be the shoe in for that if it went GB’s way. He must be a little gutted at only getting silver.

Tom has had a pretty rough time over last year as well, he’s had COVID twice.

That Taekwondo semi between Korea and GB. With 1 second left, the Korean takes the lead with a head kick. Proper dramatic stuff.

Was watching that eating my breakfast. Aguero moment and a half haha

1 Like

GB lose to the USA at rugby…will they fuck :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Has anyone noticed that nearly all the main presenters on the Olympics for BBC Sport have been female?
I have just watched Fiji beat Australia in the Rugby sevens and after the match, both the presenter and commentator were female as well.
I’ve seen a fair amount of the coverage and Gabby Logan, Clare Balding, Hazel Irving and Alex Scott have been doing most of the programmes.
The only male presenter I’ve seen has been on the Breakfast Olympic programme and that is Dan Walker who does the Breakfast programme anyway.

Does this bother you mate or are you happy with the level of representation?

Just a question btw, not any assumptions being made in case it seems that way lol

Seen Jason Mohammad presenting as well. And a lot of the pundits/commentators have been male too. But I like it, it’s not often the balance falls onto the female side in big events.

Sam Quek is the only one who annoys me, she used to come out with some absolute rubbish when she presented the 606 radio phone in show and I’m judging her purely on that :sweat_smile:

I know the BBC are very much for equality, which is right but I’ve noticed recently that on most BBC news programmes, the presenters and reporters, especially on London news, are predominantly female.

Like most of them. Not a fan of Alex Scott though.
Sure as eggs is eggs her and Jenas are getting a show together sometime soon.

1 Like

Yeah, just been watching this. She messed up on the vault and then left the arena. Looked like an injury at first because of the way she landed.

Must be so much pressure on her. Poster girl for the games.

USA were favourites for this team final, but it’s going to be tough now. Russia will probably win.

1 Like

How is dressage an Olympic event?
It’s not exactly sport for all.

1 Like

:rofl: Was literally just watching it thinking “this is not entertainment”. Just seems like a rich people’s horse party to me.

I can pretty much get into every Olympic/winter Olympic event, but dressage is the exception.

3 Likes

I think they should add karting to the olympics. There is huge depth in karting across the whole world. Would love to see it.