Zlatan Ibrahimović

And what? So he didn’t want to go to china and learn a new language and live there…some people don’t (even the people that went there wish they didnt even though the money is great playing there in humidity and the area etc makes them regret it) but it doesn’t take much to see Zlatan is a merc. Look at the clubs he has gone to every 2 seasons pretty much he goes to the highest bidder FFS barring Manu because he let his contract run down (probably because he wanted 1 last big move which being free would give before retirement) he is a journeyman and always is pushing for a move but people dont want to believe that because he is a talent. I am not disputing his talent, he is very good at what he does albeit he is an arrogant fucker, but when Falcao was doing this sorta thing that is what everyone was spouting why is Ibramovich any different?

Maybe he’s just happy to still play at a competitive level for another year or two. He’s done it everywhere so why not in England too under a manager he likes. It doesn’t always have to be about insane wages.

Frankly Utd were probably the only one that gave him the best of all worlds at this stage. He can make himself a legend in England? Check! For one of the biggest clubs in the world? Check! He can get trophies with new players around him and a manager who knows how to win for a year? Check! Oh and he can get the biggest wages outside of UAE or China? Check!

Not sure why people are making a Federal case about this - it was a match made in heaven and we had not near big enough balls to pull this sort of deal off anyway.

Oh and saying he is “just a merc” is just as silly as saying “he just plays for trophies” b/c wherever he goes, he gets both.

4 Likes

All the abuse I got in this thread lol :henry2: United fans begging for him to be dropped now…

I am glad you were right about Theo & Zlatan.

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/ibrahimovic-slowing-us-down.422859/

2 Likes

Ya know what they say, even a broken clock is right twice a day! :wenger:

Yeah with Zlatan he didn’t look very involved in the game. Technically speaking he’s an amazing player and that technical ability was covering over how uninvolved he’d been in their games. Looks like it’s out there for all to see now.

1 Like

Not to me it isn’t.

Still looks perfectly fine to me.

And really, him being described as a target-man, tells you something about how few people really have seen him play regularly.

You do know he’s going to end up scoring a fucking hattrick against us now.

2 Likes

Yes I do realize this but I can’t hide how over the moon I am right now with how shit he’s been :poldi:

As we’ve experienced with Giroud, when you have a target man up front, the players around him have to work a tad harder to make the system work.

Gets next to no service

2 Likes

Playing a 35yo slow striker and expecting him to do well in a defensive and counter attacking system is putting round pegs in squal holes thinking. He needs runners on the wings to feed him and do the running for him. In our system I think Ibrah would thrive like he did at PSG but in a Mourinho system that’s now binned the CAM and is having the wingers very deep he isn’t looking great.

3 Likes

As poor as he’s been of late if we had him Im pretty certain we would have beaten boro yesterday with all those balls we put into the box, then again all we probably needed was Giroud as an option off the bench.

Yeh it’s pretty sweet, but moreso Pogba.

1 Like

Zlatan not performing is just another cog in the circle of doom that is United at the moment. Love it.

1 Like

I remember watching his interview after the game against Bournemouth where he scored and he was huffing and puffing and looked like he was about to drop and he said the league was very physical and hard.

I thought he might struggle after that.

2 Likes

It is not about Zlatan… we all know he is 35…

The problem is the manager, asking a 35 to press and defend a lot.

Standing by what I said in the summer, a simplistic argument but one that’s starting to look increasingly on the money.

Amazing player but one who could coast through lower intensity games in France for most weeks. Not got the legs for the Premier League. He’ll still get them a fair few points but isn’t going to be a league dominating signing by any means at his age.

Another point in favour of those like me who think the Premier League is the most rigorous in Europe, for any level of player.

1 Like

His qualities are still there… with proper rotation and tactics and better usage, he is a real threat.
If you ask him to press all the time like Rashford or Lingard, that’s another story. Even Rooney (5 years younger) cannot do it.

Lots of excuses for this old version of Giroud that should be playing in the mls.

1 Like