Zlatan Ibrahimović

gr8 b8 m8, i r8 8/8

2 Likes

Yeah I agree bet 888 is such a shit shirt sponsor.

I still think he will score more league goals than our leading scorer, he’s awful at the moment I admit but he’s still around the mark with our leading scorers as things stand.

Theo has scored more :smiley: oh the irony is delicious!!

But 15 each for Sanchez and Walcott would not look that bad as it would for Ibrahimovic imo.

Yeah your probably right because Zlatan is doing sweet fuck all off the ball so he really needs to be scoring.

I still think he is a top quality player but the ultradefensive táctics of José with terrible team chemistry and lack of midfield creativity is killing him.

Or maybe he is already past it.

2 Likes

have to say I’m so pleased he is flopping hard. When he signed and after his first few games when he was scoring regularly I thought they had another Aguero lol.

2 Likes

The state of your banter game :joy:

Of all the people here to make a comment on my “banter” which is a stupid fucking word if I’ve ever heard one, it had to be the most boring dry mother fucker here. Go figure :coq:

3 Likes

7 in his last 6 isn’t it? Even at 35 he’s still got it.

No surprise that the thread has gone quiet anyway lol.

Yeah started off on fire then had a dry spell but looks back to his best now. Sadly haha.

Has the same number of goals Sanchez has this season and he’s playing in a poorly performing team so if that isn’t indicative of how good he is then I don’t know what is.

Can have a dire game where he’s literally on the periphery of proceedings for most of the 90 minutes but only needs a second to change the game.

I am enjoying Mourinho’s plight and United’s failure to be relevant again but I’ve always liked Zlatan so I’m also enjoying him proving people wrong who said he couldn’t handle playing in England wrong. Because he’s 35 and he’s still scoring goals.

I think on the old forum I guessed he would score about 15 goals for United this season, but he may even surpass that.

While he’s still undeniably got quality the more I watch him the more I think he’s holding United back. You don’t get that kind of freedom and space that he was allowed on Thursday night in the EPL, it makes me genuinely happy we finally have a pacey, mobile CF as it’s just so important in the modern game.

2 Likes

He won’t score more than giroud did last season

Yet he has 8 in 13 in the PL which is hardly a figure to be sniffed at given the form of United this season and the fact he’s a 35 year old playing in his first season in England.

So I think he’s handling the PL just fine all things considered.

Lets not ignore the chances he’s spurned to cost them valuable points too. Pogba could have easily had more assists to his name had Ibra put more of those away. It’s been a mixed first half of the season by his standards.

2 Likes

He’s always going to score goals when he’s the main man at a club like United. I saw today that he had the most shots in league or there abouts. Costa and Alexis both had 20 odd less which tells a story too.

Costa and Alexis’ efficiency over Ibra is clear to see and is reflected by where the clubs sit in the table.

Once again not having a dig at Ibra just stating I’m not that bothered that he’s playing for United and is probably holding them back a little tbh.

Also worth noting Ibra is far less mobile and requires a different approach to getting shots off.