UK General Election announced for 8th June

I wouldn’t be surprised if this was the plan all along from Labour and Corbyn regarding the debate. They’ve made May look as stupid as possible without her actually appearing head to head with Corbyn. He’s by far the superior debater so I can see why the Tories have kept away from it.

Rudd is going to get annihilated tonight.

The proverbial sacrificial lamb, bet she’s thrilled.

2 Likes

Or a potential job interview.

Good man, please make sure you do on the day, and encourage just as many of your friends to also vote!

I’m trying my best to do similar. The young need to turn up, because the older generation sure will!

2 Likes

Great move! Handbrake for May :wenger:

Rudd: strong & stable, coalition of chaos, don’t trust Labour

Jezza: at least I turn up to talk to the nation rather than sending someone else because she’s too scared, how’s that strong and stable.

Rinse. Repeat.

That alone has to be worth a percentage point.

And the Conservative’s send in Bellend Boris Nonsense who completely fcks up his interview - fck May & Nonsense leading the country ffs !!

So glad Corbyn is doing this tonight, such an own goal by May to miss it and he should be able to pile on the pressure tonight.

2 Likes

It would’ve been everyone vs May, which would’ve hindered the impact or Corbyn quite a bit. It’s definitely a big miss for May, the greens and SNP going for her would’ve turned a lot of people off.

Corbyn, the man, the leader, the legend.

Was Amber Rudd the best person that the Conservatives could find?

She’s exactly the sort of robotic and unfriendly style that are putting off people from Theresa May lol

Not good for Labour that everyone is attacking the cons (no matter how easy that is). Not gonna play well with swing voters. We need more of Nuttall talking out of his arse for a while.

1 Like

Where did they get this left wing audience from? :arteta:

2 Likes

6 Likes

They made May look a bit of a dick there, particularly Farron who used his entire closing statement to diss her lack of attendance and make a joke about Bake Off.

To be fair, he had a point - it seems like she is doing everything in her power to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

2 Likes

I thought that was very successful for Corbyn, he picked his moments well and made excellent points and made them well. The only wobbly moment was immigration as you’d expect. He handled all the questions and fielded the cheap insults brilliantly. In fact I would say he was Prime Ministerial. He would destroy Theresa May one on one and that’s why she wasn’t there.

I thought Rudd got absolutely demolished, failed to answer questions and was weak on the issues she did address. The welfare and quality of life issues especially she was blown away.

I was impressed with the SNP, I can see why the Scots voted for them. I must say I wouldn’t be averse to some kind of deal with them. I never would have said that before tonight. Either give them the totally devolved power they were promised before the referendum or let them have another after Brexit and everyone gets to see what life under Labour is like.

5 Likes

This is fucking brilliant

3 Likes

Corbyn played an absolute blinder by this last minute appearance.

Even if May did appear, she’d have been roasted and another ‘u-turn’ will look weak.

Btw Amber Rudd’s father passed away on Monday, my sympathies. Must have been really hard to then prepare and go out tonight.

2 Likes

Damn. The Tories could have found someone else to go out there in those circumstances.

The BBC is truly interesting, never seen organization equally despised by both sides of the political spectrum.

1 Like