UK General Election announced for 8th June

Imagine if she lost her majority after calling the election because she thought she was a sure thing :mustafi:

CORBYN IS A GOONER LA LA LA LA

8 Likes

VOTE CORBYN

1 Like

Did you actually take that pic??

Best believe Iā€™d have been in the fucking pic if Iā€™d been anywhere near him!

6 Likes

Anyone watching the leaders debate?

Thought Jeremy Corbyn held himself well with the questions. Although some of them were so bad, think they were too personal and shouldā€™ve focussed on the wider debate.

Paxman will probably murder him though lol

1 Like

Reading Corbyn is doing quite well!

1 Like

Corbyn did very well. Says something when even Carswell and Farage say how paxman couldnā€™t touch him haha. Some other political comms also saying he held his own.

Compare a genuine candidate to Queen Technocratic who is well known within political circles for not really being engaging. This election campaign has shown this to the public aswell.

Also, why the hell are we still bringing up the IRA and the Falklands in a GE in 2017.

4 Likes

I think that sums it up tbh.

4 Likes

Still a week to go and Iā€™m pretty undecided on what Iā€™m going to do. Right now leaning towards voting labour despite me fundamentally disagreeing with a lot of their stuff as well as thinking Corbyns incompetent.

Genuinely worry for the state of our country if May gets in can not stand this UKIP vote pandering.

What an unbelievably shit period in British politics.

I noticed Sturgeon softened her stance on when the jocks should have another referendum, saying it would be after Brexit now. Maybe trying to prepare the ground for a coalition with Labour.

Yes! Yougov now predicting a hung parliamentā€¦you know what that would mean:

3 Likes

I donā€™t want to get burned again. Dreams were crushed with that exit poll 2 years ago.

Just wanted to say it seems up here that the SNP are more keen on Corbyn being PM than Scottish Labour which I find quite illuminating.

2 Likes

Scots Labour=blairities.

1 Like

I think it should be election fraud for the PM to just refuse to do debates.

Essentially all sheā€™s doing is using right wing propaganda papers to win the fight for her and just staying well clear of anything which resembles accountability because sheā€™s a train wreck everytime she goes on TV. Really hope she gets slaughtered tonight.

3 Likes

Which debate programme is it tonight?

The role of the press in a democracy is probably one of the most contentious issues in the UK. Very interesting discussion to be had there

4 Likes

I have never voted in my life due to my own beliefs about the political system, But I will be voting Labour this time around. There are surprisingly many people in the same boat which speaks volumes.

3 Likes

Itā€™s who owns the press that is the problem.

Mainly ultra right wing billionaires, who are secretive but very influential.