Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

I think money definitely comes into play. We now have a lot of it but unfortunately other clubs still have much more, especially with the new commercial deals they have signed, which put our major commercial deals to shame. This is not necessarily to defend Wenger but we really are not on the same level financially as clubs like United and it shows whenever we got head-to-head for a player. We are not offering Zlatan 300K per week or Mkhi 200K per week or thinking about buying Pogba for a 100 million pounds.

Kroenke wanting to make money every year is just speculation but is not all that unreasonable given our financial history, which has essentially shown at least a small profit every year (or maybe every year except one).

KOLO KOLO KOLO KOLO KOLO KOLO KOLO TOURE

Ah man, now I have hope.
Hopefully everyone rejects West Ham and they come at last minute throwing 30m at us.
Dreams.

1 Like

Lyon are close to signing Ben Yedder, I think something is happening with Lacazette. PSG have no interest (don’t think he’d join them anyway) and he’s made it very clear he only wants a good Champions League side, Napoli now have some money to spend so could be them.

Lacazette under Sarri would be very interesting.

The timing of the statement from Gazidis yesterday suggests to me that we are all but done this window .

Called it! :grin: haha

1 Like

We never really even got involved in the first place lol, as far as Im concerned we have really only made 1 signing.

Come on Wenger all is forgiven if this happens!

1 Like

Nice of the mirror to show us how great they both look in red.

More likely: Ulloa or lacazette?

https://twitter.com/City_Watch/status/756996075089698817

Is this guy gonna be in city’s first 11 or backup

Impossible to see Lacazette bought buy Napoli. The frenchman isn’t stupid, there aren’t differences between Lyon and Napoli, especially after the departure of Gonzalo Higuain.

1 Like

Napoli have a better chance to win the league than Lyon, tbf.

I don’t know, especially if a squad like Juventus have Benatia, Lichtsteiner, Evra, Marchisio, Pjaca and Mandzukic on the bench.

It’s still a more balanced league than Ligue 1. The latter is just poor.

1 Like

Rodgers’s player.

Get comfy on that bench Kev

2 Likes

Eh? Why do players so easily bend over for Barcelona?

Very good back up for the MSN, something that really cost them last season.