Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

It doesn’t make it any less true, does it?

We have to listen to you defending Wenger in most threads.
You have even predicted we will win the PL, and you have the front to say what I write is drivel.

2 Likes

No you really don’t have to listen to me defend him because I’ve already admitted he’s proved me wrong because of his stubbornness. However he’s our manager for this season. No matter how many threads you and your crew turn into cancer, that’s not gonna change. RIP oa…

Hmm, I don’t remember ever hating on Schürrle. But you’re right, I’m not really a fan, and I don’t understand the signing.
Tuchel is the genius though, and if he really, really wants him this much, then he obviously sees something that most people don’t.

Ah the old there’s no quality in the market that would improve us argument… I’ve heard that somewhere before but I can’t quite place it.

3 Likes

As always, sometimes it’s not about better, it’s just about different. As IDB10 noted it’s about freshening up the squad, which ours is stale as a 10 day old scone.

1 Like

Does anyone reckon we might go for a cast off or 2? James, Turan, Mata, Nasri and Benteke all being touted around.

Only Turan would be an option. the rest is either meh or not going to move.

Turan has already declined quite a bit. Not an option either. None of them are.

2 Likes

ya we probably will because we don’t need any of them but Wenger will still be able to slap us in the face with “see you say we don’t spend money but look we signed another small technical midfielder to play on the wing that a big club was desperately trying to offload”

“We remain in the market, so stay close to Arsenal.com for any further transfer news”.

I’m waiting for some news then…

don’t hold your breath. :arteta:

They’ve been turned down by an incredible amount of strikers this summer.

1 Like

They need a big signing going into their new stadium but it’s going to be difficult not being a big club or having CL football.

I admire them for having a go and going for some pretty good strikers.

1 Like

As usual.

Wenger says “we remain very active” in transfer market

I assume he is being sarcastic.

2 Likes

Walcott’s price goes up a million every time this happens :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Wow, just seen this news about Guardiola going after Gabriel Jesus. This is a player that is a priority for Madrid and Barça, that would be a massive, massive coup.

Honestly, I really can’t see anything other than City joining the ranks of superclub with Bayern, Madrid, and Barça under Guardiola.

Honestly think we’ll look back and find that not getting Guardiola was like a reverse Emirates (in terms of significance) for our club. He would’ve been worth absolutely whatever we paid for him and then some. And there was just no excuse not to do so, just cowardice on the part of our board. You know that he would’ve chosen Arsenal over City if the money was the same.

2 Likes

I agree that we should have gone harder after Pep but I don’t think he would have chosen us over City.

City has his buddies in charge of football operations. More importantly, a guy like Pep wants to compete at the highest levels and that means going to a club whose owners are willing to compete financially with the likes of Barca, Madrid, United, and Bayern for the best players. Why would he want to come to Arsenal and be told that Kroenke wants to make money every year so he’ll have a fixed transfer budget that is smaller than bigger clubs and he should figure how to do more with less?

1 Like

That’s a good point, I totally forgot about the fact they had been long ago set up for this move with Soriano and Begiristain.

Kroenke wants to make money every year is speculation, is it not? I don’t think money comes into play at this point, we are quite well enough set up for Pep to do what he wants to do in the transfer market, it wouldn’t’ve been much different than the financial situation he had at Bayern.

But it’s true that perhaps his Barça colleagues could’ve potentially won out over London, classier/more historical club, better traditions and caché. Not sure.