Summer 2016 Transfers Thread

I know the answer…but I’d be interested to see what you think the reason is.

If you were gonna say Money, I am sure clubs like West Ham would match that.
If Trophies was in your mind, I say winning trophies while on bench has no meaning.

Money, trophies, prestige, to get noticed by the international coach, to play in front of 80,000, to say I played with Messi, Iniesta, Neymar, Suarez, to live in a big city.

He’s done everything he’s going to do at Sevilla and his career isn’t really going to get any better than this so why not.

8 Likes

And to say it has no meaning if you are a sub/cup player is bullshit. Have you ever been on a team before @Trion ? I mean like besides a women’s basketball team.

I doubt players like Afellay, Song, Hleb, pride themselves in similar manner.

I doubt even Turan does.

Afellay, Song and Hleb have joined Barça during their best years as footballers. Gameiro won an Europe League with Sevilla, he can’t win other trophies with them. It’s a right time to accept a transfer in this moment.

Ofcourse it has no meaning.
Gameiro being starting member of entire Europa campaign is more meaningful than playing 5mins for Barcelona in a CL campaign.

I guess you have a loser mentality if you wish to piggyback on someone else’s success

With Vietto and Gameiro, Barca will have two great back ups upfront.

If they will sign Gameiro, probably they will not pursue the option to sign Vietto.

Should we be looking at Vietto?

Good signing for Barca. They missed this type of option last season to give their front 3 some rest. Gameiro is someone I wouldn’t have minded Arsenal signing now that Higuaín is impossible. A better option than Icardi/Bacca IMO.

Weeey it’s not only us who’s used as a bargaining chip, even the best get passed around like a new born baby, after being strongly linked with Luciano Vietto and on the brink of signing Kevin Gameiro last night, Barca look like they’ve lost out on both after Atleti offered Sevilla cash plus Vietto as part of the deal.

Really hope it’s true it’ll be a great move all round, Vietto’s at the stage in his career where he needs to be playing week in week out & Gameiro gets to compete for trophies while still being in and around the first team, good stuff.

Juve have had an €18m bid for 40% of Gabriel Barbosa accepted by Santos, they’ll now negotiate with Barbosa’s father and Doyen Sports for the remaining 60%.

The agent of Gabriel Jesus also confirmed the reports of them being close to Man City.

Can PL clubs pull such a deal?

Why couldn’t they?

I think Trion is referring to the third party ownership aspect which isnt allowed under PL rules but Juve are seemingly trying to buy that too so no reason a PL club couldn’t do that.

1 Like

Why?

Messi Suarez Neymar

Vietto Gameiro

If Vietto will accept to be the 5th striker into a squad who have the best trio of the World and to be behind a very good striker like Gameiro, he will ruin his career with his hands.

Yup. So if PL clubs can satisfy the rule by buying all the rights, why are we not seeing many such transfers?
Think only Mascherano & Tevez transfer were of such nature.

Those players would much rather end up in Spain/South-Europe?