Chelsea Vs Arsenal (PL)

Let’s hope your right. As I Chelsea fan I wouldn’t be overly fussed though, they have currently seen 5 x PL, 1 x CL, 1 x EL + countless domestic cups in the 15 years under his ownership. They would have likely seen an FA cup & League Cup or 2 in that same period if it wasn’t for Roman.

The club is pretty much unsellable considering the level of debt attached to the holding company. The end game with Chelsea was always going to be that the enormous profits the club generates were going to be siphoned off to reduce the debt levels

That 1 billion pound debt isn’t going to disappear overnight

So you are telling me, if kroenke spent and spent left us with a big debt bill then something happened and we went the way of portsmouthyou wouldnt give a shit and you would be happy because we got a CL and a few EPL titles meanwhile. I seriously doubt that any true chavski fans would feel great in future if their club went to the wall because they had a spell of bought glory.

:laca: to win the game for us tomorrow so someone will have to eat his hat :laca:

Chelsea won’t end up like Portsmouth mate, your living in dreamland. Also if not mistaken Roman purchased Chelsea for 120 million quid and they are now worth 1.5 billion quid… So despite all the money he’s poured in that’s some sort of increase in valuation.

1 Like

Are Man City going to end up like Portsmouth also @Maverick79?

Why would the debt have to disappear for them to be sold? The club is worth what, 1.5bn(ish)? So that’s the amoubt Abramovich would pocket whether the debt is “repaid” or not. It’s won’t be 1.5bn + the debt if they do get sold.

1 Like

I never suggested it has to be.

The fact that the debt exists make investing in Chelsea outright highly undesirable

Fair enough. But as I pointed out in the remainder of the post it really wouldn’t be that relevant if they were to be put up for sale. The “write off” would just form part of that sale in all likelihood.

It depends on the type of person Roman is. Is he likely to agree that the proceeds from any sale of his stake is used to ensure the parent Company is debt free?

I have no clue.

@Aussiegooner, would you celebrate if Laca scored tomorrow? :grinning:

If he wants to sell, then yes, he’d have no other option.

In the event he doesn’t? A % revenue generated by the club will be used to reduce debt levels, in my very speculative opinion

I think that’s a reasonable assumption.

Of course I would I’m always team first over any personal agenda’s, do you think I would have lasted following Arsenal for 20 years watching at all hours of the night if I wasn’t ?

3 Likes

You think people would rather watch their club be 5th-10th forever than actually have a period of success?

Thanks to the last 13 years Chelsea are now more successful than almost every other club in the history of English football.

I’m sure they’d take a decade in the championship if they had to to balance their success.

1 Like

That’s the point I was getting at for argument sake, most fans would take 15 years of 5x PL, 1x CL, 1 x EL and countless domestic cups coupled with a decade in the Championship over Everton’s last 25 years for eg.

1 Like

Tell that to the leeds fans…ask them if they would swap their success or being a mainstay in the EPL with a few good trophies

Hard for them to compare as they didn’t win 5 league titles, 1 x CL, 1 x EL & countless domestic cups.

Quite confident. C’mon Arsenal! Just start Torreira and Laca.

1 Like