Arsène Wenger

Didn’t think he was that kind of guy!

2 Likes

And they want fair representation? The ‘problem’ I have with that is how far is that going to go? Are they going to look for black people and asian people too?

1 Like

I doubt it was any more than a polite and politically correct way of closing off the question.

1 Like

It has been a great great couple of weeks but unfortunately we know what is coming.

What follows October…

November.

A shit month lets be real. In terms of football and life. It’s so windy and cold and the leaves get everywhere the cunts.

It’s when that hellish time starts where you leave for work in the dark and return home in the dark.

This year we may have the pleasure of Trump to look forward to also.

But yeah also we have been shit under Wenger in November. Worst month of the year statistically for us. We were crap then last season too.

Who do we have now?
Ludogorets, Tottenham, United, PSG, Bournemouth and Southampton in the league cup.

Plenty of opportunity for mishaps. Let’s see how we get on.

7 Likes

If you’re right, I expect this thread to get a tad busier too lol.

5 Likes

The test starts now for Arsene Wenger, from memory we had about 23 points from 10 games last year at the end of October.

I wonder if Wenger walks down Totteridge Lane in the morning, pumas on, maybe a scarf, the wind gusting by and leaves blowing in his fine head of hair and thinks to himself, “cunting leaves!”.

3 Likes

Jesus christ, what a shit article. Groups Mourinho and Guardiola together and just leaves it at that. :facepalm:

Reus is such a bad example. He made his Germany debut with BMG f.e… I get the overall point, but it discredits the piece a bit imo.

I always love when all of Guardiola’s accomplishments, his installing the most rigorous and hardest to execute passing/pressing style in any club he goes to, is just dashed away with one swipe of the wand: he’s managed great players. Same shit the madridistas spout here, or the ignoramuses in general: he’s a Messi creation.

If there was any doubt about Guardiola’s quality as a manager it was obliterated when he went to Bayern.

1 Like

How so?
Not like I doubt Guardiola’s genius but Bayern were playing his sort of football with previous manager Huychens(??) as well.
So managing Bayern is not exactly a sctrach job where he proved himself.

And weirdly he felt the absence of players like Robben/Ribery(who emulate Messi) to push for CL.

There shouldn’t be any doubt in Guardiola’s managerial skills but at the same time, I don’t think any of his jobs serve as a test, maybe this one.

You answer your question really, the sentence that follows it is totally false, if you correct it you have you answer.

I won’t.
Sheesh, expect people to answer properly but they have to find some backdoor.

Right, well, Heyneckes style has nothing to do with Guardiola’s, the style of play Bayern played under Heyneckes is nothing like what they played under Guardiola. Didn’t think I had to spell that out for you but as you do have your struggles with logic I’ll give you a pass.

2 Likes

Credit to Wenger for Kostafi :ozil2:

Pep taking over the best roster in Germany by far and then failing to do as well as the previous manager who had won the treble before him isn’t all that impressive in my eyes.

3 Likes

I don’t struggle with logic, rather you purposely are trying to divulge from what i am getting at. And you very well know what i was getting at.

It may not be as refined as Guardiola’s but Heyneckes prepared that team to carry out possession football or counter attacking one(which devastated Barca) depending on their opponents.

Guardiola didn’t have to break the entire mould to get his football going.
He had some of best footballers in his possession, ones who were capable of playing his sort of football and a version was already implemented by previous manager.

So much adapt Bayern players were already of that approach that they won the World cup with similar style.

So the remark of Guardiola dispelling doubts seems OTT.

The way you paint over serious differences with a broad as Sam Allardyce BradyMagic-esque here brush explains a lot of why you found arguing with him so engaging and why you can’t see any faults in Arsène Wenger.

The way you answered says that you are trying to backtrack.
No issues.