Arsène Wenger

Yeah after today it could be pretty jammed up in the top 5-6… we are at the top, but we are also effectively level with Pool and Spurs. With a more difficult period coming up for us, will be interesting to see how things take shape into the holiday period.

20 pts from Liverpool (H), Leicester, Watford, Southampton (H), Hull, Chelsea (H), Burnley, Swansea (H), Boro (H) is definitely average.

1 Like

We need to be putting together 4/5/6 game winning streaks all season long to be in the mix at the end of the season. 9 games in is pretty much a quarter of the way through the season and twenty points is a respectable haul regardless of opppnent. If we have 40 points after the 18 game mark it will certainly be more significant than 20 is now though.

4 Likes

Agreed. But knowing we play Spurs, United, Everton and City in the next nine games, you can’t afford it not to win yesterday.

1 Like

We should be beating boro at home every time regardless of anything else whatsoever.

2 Likes

We can only play the teams put infront of us, and in the premier league really are no guaranteed wins.

Obviously we should be winning and could do better, but other teams performing well in no way diminishes our achievements.

Compare this season to one some years ago, we would already be in a situition whereby we were chasing the pack. However we haven’t been beaten in months, as a whole we look stronger than ever and are more than equipped to have our good fortune continue.

To me; I find our predicament pretty fucking exciting, whether my choice of word was appropriate or not is another matter. However nothing about us this season is average.

Well yeah. In 14/15 we played Everton, Spurs, City and Chelsea in the first seven games or so. Naturally we dropped points in those games. In 13/14, when we had it easy in the beginning, we were on top for a time.

Amazing ? Given our schedule thus far you must have really low expectations of the team if you consider this amazing, 20 points from 9 games is about par IMO. Liverpool have had an amazing start with 20 points from 9 games given they have played united & Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea ( away)

As mentioned above, there are no truely easy fixtures and any team can beat another on their day.

We can only play the teams put infront of us and this far the trend of our perfromances have been consistent with the best seen in the league this season.

If 20 points was in anyway average, more than 2 or 3 teams would have acquired that by now.

1 Like

Such a terrible cliche.

4 Likes

So your basically saying no difference between facing say Boro at home and Sunderland away, Compared to our next to fixtures of Tottenham at home and United away, thats good to know.

2 Likes

The internet is amazing :joy:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/790515706563588097

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/790519122169847808

A woman? Why?

Sounds terrible. What if she’s capable and would actually add something to the board?

Why can’t we add somebody to the board who is capable regardless of gender? Why do they have to look for a woman?

2 Likes

Society has turned sexist in reverse manner.

The firm I used to work for had 6 working days a week for a year or so. They recently announced Women will be working for 5 days henceforth because ‘well they are women’.

4 Likes

Lol that’s more just plain old sexism.

1 Like

It was in response to a question whereby they were asked about diversity on the board.

I’m pretty sure they’re not going to add a woman just because of her gender, but because she actually brings the right qualities to the board and has a different perspective on things. It’s really not a statement you’d make just to please a couple of people that persist on equality, especially so when it comes to a football club.

That’s when you get a sex-change just to have a 2 day weekend.

1 Like