Arsène Wenger

They should ask David Dein for his advice.

You would hope that Kroenke and Gazidis would get opinions from people who know what they are talking about, but I would imagine finding another manager that can get top four without spending too much of their profits is a tall order.

This is like Maxi writing about Wenger.

1 Like

He rules by fear which in turn controls the population.
I wonder we he got that idea.

1 Like

The basically operate a necrocracy, where deceased leaders are still heads of state. Their veneration and elevation of leaders to the level of God’s (let’s call it deification) is not at all secular and actually rather reminiscent of religion. The final sentence of your post inadvertently nails this point.

North Korea is a facile example tbh.

Actually a good analogy.

People fear Kim Jong-Un
People fear God.

People are forced to consider Kim as God.
Kids are forced to consider Krishna/Allah/Jesus as God.

People do things which they think Kim finds as a good deed.
People do things which they think God considers as a good deed.

People fear their actions will anger Kim & they will end up in mines.
People fear their actions will anger God & they will end up in hell.

DIfference is North Koreans know they are in a mess.

1 Like

That was my point. My post was a lazy comparison similar to many of your critiques.

If someone was to say without religion we’d all be great, well I’d say they were pretty naive.

Anyways, while the Wenger thread has been home a lot of things, i’m not going to be part of a religion discussion in it lol.

That’s all I have to say.

1 Like

Yep, think we should draw a line under this chat for the moment. I say that as someone totally guilty of helping things to get a bit off topic here.

We should start a religious discussion thread as it’s definitely something people like to discuss

Ignorant.

This book is fantastic. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Massively recommend it to everyone. Photos of Arsene’s 20 years at arsenal taking by the club photographer. Including some unseen ones. Wenger talks about the majority of the photos aswell. Only £13 on Amazon.

1 Like

Am I missing a joke here or something?

I already started the thread.

If only it were that simple. There aren’t many true believers out there that aren’t trying to convert non-believers or force their beliefs down others throats. That’s the problem for me. Islam: convert everyone, kill everyone that doesn’t convert, Christian: Pronounce yourself saved by Jesus and get baptized, kill everyone that isn’t white that doesn’t convert, try to enslave or otherwise subdue through economics the white ones that don’t convert.

Do you think i can find it in Italy? :slight_smile:

Wenger is the head of his own cult !

No you are completely right. Then again at least the christians you mentioned there aren’t really true christians if they are acting in that manner. As far as the converting part, at least as far as christianity goes, because of their beliefs they think they are truly trying to help people. It’s a life saving work as far as they know and believe. However of course if that leads to violence that’s not what Jesus taught at all now is it?

this is quite cool :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy 67th Birthday, Monsieur! :slight_smile:

http://media.newindianexpress.com/Arsene-Wenger_AP.jpg/2014/05/18/article2231721.ece/alternates/w620/Arsene%20Wenger_AP.jpg

3 Likes

Not a great to celebrate it, but still happy birthday Arséne!

Normal service has been resumed…Spurs drop points, we can maybe sit on top after the weekend… cue fear, worry & panic… we are not ready for those heady heights. You need to look at our season in perspective & acknowledge the luck we have had & the favourable fixtures, the only really good result being Chelsea. Last week against Swansea the warning signs were back, this week our gutless wonders wore them around their necks…And then you need to look at this season in perspective of the last decade…

We will NEVER, EVER win the league again under Wenger. AND, I think this season is going to be like the last one, the title is going to go to the team that has real bottle. And that is not, nor will it ever be under Wenger, us.

1 Like

And it begins.

7 games no peep, 1 draw and there we go

8 Likes