Arsène Wenger

He had to sign up to make that post lol, must have really been upset with the performance today. Can’t fans just be happy in the moment? We’ve played well and are at the top of the table.

2 Likes

People are happy when we win and sad when we lose or drop points. Why should it be any different?

3 Likes

I’m not happy about the result either. But then again looking at the bigger picture we’re top of the league and haven’t been beaten in 8 league matches in a row.

At least he signed up and told us something we’ve never heard before. Glad to see an original fresh perspective!

2 Likes

Too many of the same warning signs and defeincies are present that Wenger sides have had in the past decade, we have had a pretty favourable fixture thus far and I’d expect we will be found out when the difficulty of schedule evens out.

1 Like

Jeez, I only came here to wish AW a happy birthday and all I get is religion and doom and gloomers.

Happy Birthday, M. Wenger!

1 Like

Well sure, but there must be a way of showing one’s annoyance with the team shit performance without looking like a bellend from ArsenalFanTV.

2 Likes

Since Liverpool’s defeat we have won 9 and drawn 3, with 29 goals scored and only 6 conceded. If i was critical of Wenger in august, now i have to say there have been a remarkable turnaround.

Its a good run no doubt but the only really substantial side we have beaten is Chelsea, so lets just see what position we are in after we face Tottenham and both Manchester’s away in the coming 6-8 weeks.

We had to win those games to climb the table and with only 1 point in the first two games, it wasn’t easy.

1 Like

Good god it was one draw. Pull yourself together.

1 Like

I disagree. This team has still some structural problems. In games like yesterday these problems emerge. Also, we were playing a team who are fighting against relegation at home. You need to get 3 points from those games.

2 Likes

Of course, but it’s only the second time we drop points this season. Not that bad in the end.

No top flight team ever has a perfect season without any hiccups or dodgy patches. You watch Barcelona and I guarantee you can identify issues.

Its simply managing expectations, rather than expecting all games to play out perfectly and getting up in arms when it doesn’t happen.

We have had an amazing start to the season, one draw doesn’t change that.

Amazing is definitely going too far, Oli.

Given our fixture list I’d say our season so far has been mediocre-average. Basically if we had anything less than we currently do from the matches we’ve played you’d have to say it were poor.

1 Like

Mediocre but currently top and having beaten two of our bogey teams in Chelsea and Swansea? No definitely not.

Great stuff imo. Far from perfect; but minus the Liverpool game which we can easily attribute to Wenger, our squad is arguably performing better than any in the league.

1 Like

Ehm. Because of that it’s crucial why you should get 3 points against a relegation team at home.

Sure. But Barcelona doesn’t have the same structural issues we have. It was not an coincedence or an off-day we had yesterday. We are known for having a lot of difficulties breaking these kind of opponents down. And that’s going to cost us when it shouldn’t or were we can’t afford to lose points. Like yesterday.

Well, Liverpool are level on points despite a significantly more difficult fixture list. So there’s that.

2 Likes

Mediocre season so far? Very harsh, considering we have beaten Swansea, Chelsea and Burnley. Both Everton and Liverpool lost here.

It’s quite hard to make too many judgements so far this season. November will be the big test for us, Spurs, United and then PSG at home in the Champions League.

So far we’ve only played Liverpool and Chelsea out of the ‘big teams’, and both of them have been at home. Liverpool have had Spurs, us and Chelsea, and got 7 out of 9 points from them.

Okay, but it still isn’t mediocre or average.

1 Like